TI 10 eval build 4871 does not obey split size

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by data_dude, Dec 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. data_dude

data_dude Registered Member

I downloaded and installed the trial version of TI 10, build 4871.

On my first pass of backing up "Data Files" from my C: drive I did a direct burn to my DVD writer; that was painfully slow, so I cancelled it.

On my second pass I created the folder on D:\acronis and defined it as a backup location. I also went into Tools --> Options and set my split size to the canned value of 4.3GB, then restarted a backup of C: drive. While it was running I read in these forums about some possible file size/ISO format issues with large files, so I canceled my backup again and cleaned the .TIB files out of D:\acronis

On my 3rd pass I went into Tools --> Options and set my split size to the user-defined value of 1492MB and restarted my backup of C: drive.

When I finished, the files in D:\acronis were sized as if my split size were still set to 4.3GB-ish size.

Here is screen shots of before and after:

http://easy48.com/acronis/split0.gif

http://easy48.com/acronis/split1.gif

http://easy48.com/acronis/split2.gif

Any suggestions? I even rebooted my computer and restarted TI10 with the same results: I set the split size to 1492MB, it insists on making larger .TIB files.

2. data_dude

Okay, this may shed some light on things:

If my backup destination is to a previously created "Backup Location" and I decide to manually select my options, the item "Archive Splitting" isn't even offered. The fact that I have 1492MB as my split size in the defaults is ignored and it creates large archive files.

If I instead just specify a Drive:\Folder as my destination (and create my own destination filename) and manually select my options I then get the "Archive Splitting" item and I can enter 1492MB as the split size and it OBEYS ME!

This somewhat relates to another post where someone complained that the "Archive Splitting" did not even appear as a optional item... it must be some buggy behavior introduced into a recent build of TI 10.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Yes, you are right, archive splitting option is not available when you store the image to the Backup Location. This was done by design. Please have a look at this previous post of mine for details.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

4. data_dude

Suggestion: Create a user message and/or amplify this a bit in the docs that will let the user know that this is the behavior.

Thank you for the response.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello data_dude,

I am sorry that I did not mention it for the fist time. Please note that the necessary correction was made in the Acronis True Image 10.0 Home User's Guide (check chapter 5.3.6 "Archive-splitting").

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.