TI 10 does not install on XP SP 2

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by VolkerStoeber, Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VolkerStoeber

VolkerStoeber Registered Member

1. My experience with TI 10 in the last weeks seems to be outstanding:
    Having upgraded last autumn the daily + weekly tasks work fine. Doing a new task rep. backup
    we found that this was not possible - TI 10 stops in the window where the partitions have to be
    displayed. Although the automatic task continue working without any problem.
    2. After installing build 4871 everything works fine for about 10 days, than no backup could be done.
    Automatic tasks did there jobs well.
    Nevertheless backups could only be done using the rescue CD, but not within Windows.
    3. I treated this problem in March and installed build 4942 - same problem, no backup !
    4. Then I tried a completely new installation after de-installation and got a strange fault
    just in the beginning of the install process
    "The installation was interrupted before Acronis True Image home could be installed.
    You need to restart the installer and try again."
    What does this mean ?
    5. Doing several ways of possible solutions like
    - deleting temp folders etc
    - cleaning reg manually or by progs like jv16 (a lot of rubbish of Acronis an True Image !)
    - Windows Clean Up Utility - Acronis could not be found
    - contacting Acronis support without any answer

Nothing works, at the moment TI 10 can not be installed, no backups, no tasks etc.
    Wht a backup software !

In this FORUM I found the link
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=166837&highlight=Installer
    with the same problem with TI 9 - but no solution. Acronis support obviously found this fault
    interesting enough to answer after 10 days, but did not post a solution within this link.

I would appreciate if someone has a solution or has some ideas. Thanks.

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Sounds like something about your hardware that Acronis does not like. Post some details about the hardware. Also try running chkdsk /r on the drive.

3. jmoors

jmoors Registered Member

I have had the same problem on one off my XP Pro SP2 computers. Everything was fine until I tried to do the last upgrade to build 4942. Now I also get the same error during the install, I have tried deleting all temp files, as was suggested from their tech support after sending in the install debug log, but that didn't help ... Below is an excert from the debug log ... maybe someone can help figure this out makes no sense to me
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    MSI (c) (A8:74) [00:15:10:718]: Note: 1: 2262 2: Error 3: -2147287038
    DEBUG: Error 2826: Control BannerBmp on dialog FatalErrorForm extends beyond the boundaries of the dialog to the right by 3 pixels
    The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code

is 2826. The arguments are: FatalErrorForm, BannerBmp, to the right
    MSI (c) (A8:74) [00:15:10:718]: Note: 1: 2262 2: Error 3: -2147287038
    DEBUG: Error 2826: Control Line1 on dialog FatalErrorForm extends beyond the boundaries of the dialog to the right by 3 pixels
    The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code

is 2826. The arguments are: FatalErrorForm, Line1, to the right
    MSI (c) (A8:74) [00:15:10:734]: Note: 1: 2262 2: Error 3: -2147287038
    DEBUG: Error 2826: Control Line2 on dialog FatalErrorForm extends beyond the boundaries of the dialog to the right by 3 pixels

is 2826. The arguments are: FatalErrorForm, Line2, to the right
    Action 0:15:10: FatalErrorForm. Dialog created
    Action ended 0:15:14: FatalErrorForm. Return value 1.
    Action ended 0:15:14: INSTALL. Return value 3.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Anyone have an ideao_O?

Thanks,

John:mad: o_O

4. VolkerStoeber

Hi DwnNdrty,
    - hardware has not been changed or modified within the last months, therefore it is hardly to believe that there might be the basic cause.
    - I did some runs of chkdsk on the partitions with the XP system, temp folders and tools where the Acronis updates are located. At the end nothing did help.
    Thanks for your suggestions.

Hi John/jmorrs,
    - how to achieve this debug log ?
    - the fault appears also with previous builds than 4942, even with TI version 9.
    - having your debug log it should be the job of the Acronis support to find out what is going on
    and publish this in the Acronis FAQ. I did not find anything about this problem in the section.
    Thanks - I hope we will get a solution by Acronis.

Vos o_O

5. jmoors

jmoors Registered Member

As soon as get a reply from Acronis tech support that does work I will post it. Somebody has to have an answer to this, Worked find on my other three computers ....

John

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello VolkerStoeber,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please let us know your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out the reason for the delay. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

7. VolkerStoeber

[Acronis #963754] TrueImage 10 does not install

8. jmoors

jmoors Registered Member

Here is the Link to get the install/debug log:

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/kb/?aid=643

John

Hi John/jmorrs,
    - how to achieve this debug log ?
    - the fault appears also with previous builds than 4942, even with TI version 9.
    - having your debug log it should be the job of the Acronis support to find out what is going on
    and publish this in the Acronis FAQ. I did not find anything about this problem in the section.
    Thanks - I hope we will get a solution by Acronis.

Vos o_O[/QUOTE]

9. jmoors

jmoors Registered Member

Here is my info:

[Acronis #961098] Can Not Install

John

10. Acronis Support

Hello VolkerStoeber and jmoors,

Please note that we have received the installation log file you have created and as far as I can see, our support engineers are working on this issue. You will be contacted with the further instructions as soon as possible.

jmoors, could you please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and send it to Acronis Support Team? This would let us to investigate the issue thoroughly and to provide you with a possible workaround.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

11. jmoors

jmoors Registered Member

Hi Aleksandr,

In the email that I sent to Acronis Support, before the last one I encluded the windows system information along with the installation log file. I had the in a zip file that I sent, so they should have it. In the last email I only sent the installation log ... if they would like another windows system log I can get that to them tonight.

Thanks,

jmoors

12. NukeRiskGuy

NukeRiskGuy Registered Member

I am having the exact same problem. The trial version installed with no problems - 15 days ended today so I ordered the full version. Tried to install and no luck. So, I uninstalled trial version and used JV16 to clean registry - no joy. I completely uninstalled Norton Anti-Virus (it had been acting flaky, anyway), rebooted, cleaned registry, and tried to install TI 10. And, guess what, the same errors:

E0001006F: Failed to read file "AcronisTrueImage.msi".

Click on OK and then I get this:

E00640003: The error was encountered while the installation.
    Acronis installation program encountered the error #1620:"This installation package cound not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer Package (0xFFF0)
    code = 80070654
    Tag=0xBD28FDBD64ED88A6"
    A possible reason might be that you do not have enough privileges. Please check the installation troubleshooting section of the product documentation.

Please let us know when this has been resolved.

13. VolkerNadolski

VolkerNadolski Registered Member

You don't seem to have the same problem. In the other case the file could be readed but due to another error (seems to be deep in the system) the installation fails. We are still investigating.

In your case it seems that your drive couldn't read the CD or the download was corrupted.

Greetings

Volker

14. jmoors

jmoors Registered Member

I have reset the information to the support team ... the email has an attached zip file with both files in it.

I hope to get this resolved soon.

Thanks,

John

15. NukeRiskGuy

To verify that my download was not corrupted, could someone post the checksum value for the TI 10 download? The filename is:

TrueImage10.0_s_en.exe

I don't have access to the file here at work, but I will check it out when I get home.

Some more information: when I execute the downloaded file, I get the blue Acronis setup screen which has options for installing the product and downloading the documentation. In fact, I successfully downloaded the documentation, but when trying to install the product, I get the errors that I previously mentioned.

thanks,
    drew

16. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

Can you confirm the build that you asking about? It doesn’t sound like its the English build 4942 as the file name is different. Therefore I’m including MD5 info for both builds of True Image 10 Home.

File name (build 4942): TrueImage10.0.4942_s_en.exe
    MD5: 64EF3274E803A85042671F109376EE8C

File name (build 4871): TrueImage10.0_s_en.exe
    MD5: 5D3D4EE6B8B53BB0637AF4FB3A2F8F07

Regards,
    Bruce

17. NukeRiskGuy

The file I downloaded was from the link provided when I purchased the application and it was the file named "TrueImage10.0_s_en.exe". My calculated checksum value is:

5FED418C2B06867C30FB8A64916D2BC3

which does not match either of your provided checksums. I am currently downloading the 4942 build and will let you know how things turn out.

Thanks for your support.

drew

18. Bruce Mahnke

Interesting…

Before making my posting I downloaded another copy of the 4942 build and compared it to the file that I had saved. The MD5 checksum values agreed so I have high confidence that it is correct. I did not make the same comparison for build 4871.

Bruce

19. NukeRiskGuy

Guess what? I downloaded the 4942 version, and the MD5 Checksum value is:

64EF3274E803A85042671F109376EE8C (the correct value!)

This time, it installed with almost no problems. After rebooting, Windows tried to reinstall some of my hardware (sound card and firewire controller) but could not find the drivers. I tried reinstalling Creative sound card drivers and it could not detect the hardware! I calmly rebooted and Windows found everything OK like it is supposed to do. Don't know if this was because of the TI 10 installation or what, but everything seems to be OK for now.

Thanks again for your patience and support! I am now a satisfied Disk Director Suite and True Image Home customer.

drew

20. Bruce Mahnke

Happy to hear that you were successful. Your issue doesn’t sound like it was a True Image problem but rather was hardware related or perhaps a corrupt file download. Hard to say. The important thing is that the MD5 checksum values match and that the installation was successful.

It would be very helpful if Acronis would publish the MD5 checksum values when they release an update. This has been requested in the past but to date no comment has been seen.

Bruce

21. Acronis Support

Hello everyone,

Please note that we are going to include the information about MD5 checksum value for the builds of Acronis products to Acronis web site.

As you probably noticed we are re-building Acronis web site. We are now continue to change it and as a part of these changes we will add information about MD5 value. I'm sorry, but at the moment the exact time-frame for that is not set yet.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

22. VolkerStoeber

... time to remember the original post. VolkerNadoslki was right: the problem of NukeRiskGuy was different to the original.

The recommendations of the Acronis support to this day (2007/04/10) are:

- Windows CleanUp utility (no effect, Acronis does not exist)
    - clean temp directory (no effect, neither after generating a new temp dir in other partition).

At the moment I'm waiting full of hope that the log file (msiexec /i msi-name /l*v log-name) is more informative for Acronis.

Vos

23. saph03

saph03 Registered Member

Having the same problem - Windows XP SP 2.

I have purchased two copies, and a friend purchased a third copy on my recommendation.

Install fails for me on my second machine.
    Install fails for my friend on his machine.

I've submitted support request 979002 but have not heard back.

24. VolkerStoeber

Hi Vladimir Zakharov at Acronis support,

Remember your mail dated 2007/04/11 ? You wrote:

"Please note that we received your MSI log.

We have forwarded your request to our Development Team. We will contact you as soon as possible. We apologize for any delay you might experience in the meantime.... "

Is the Development Team still working on this problem ?

Thanks - Vos

25. Acronis Support

Hello VolkerStoeber,

Please notice that, as i can see, your issue is being worked on, and you will be contacted as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.