TI 10 Differential Question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rebop, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rebop

rebop Registered Member

Just evaluating this program now and have a question:

If a differential is all changes since the last full backup, why would you ever need more than one? If that is true, then ATI is creating new differentials for each run and I need to know how to tell it to overwrite the differential.

Thanks.

2. rebop

rebop Registered Member

OK, more questions s the following has me confused.

I just found that if you defrag your drive, it is recommened to do a new full backup. I defrag weekly.

So, how can I set TI to dlete previous backups, perform a new full and schedule differentials for that new full after my weekly defrags? I'd like this to be set it and forget it, but it seems it needs lots of attention.

~Bob

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Use Managed Backup Locations. With these you can create tasks that specify thenumber of incs or diffs before a new full is made. And with the managed Backup Locations, you can set limits on the number of full backups, by number or size or age.

Be sure to read the manual carefully and it's easy to use the managed backups.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rebop,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

As shieber advised, Acronis Backup Locations is the best way to automatically manage backups. You can read about them in details in chapter 7 "Backup Locations" of the respective User's Guide.

Please also notice that if you schedule a full backup creation with a specified name, it will be overwritten every time.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.