TI 10 Boot Disk no cd/dvd

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by RojoP, Jul 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RojoP

RojoP Registered Member

Hi,
    I seem to have an issue with Acronis True Image Home version 10.0 (build 4,942) in that the boot disk can't detect CD/DVD drives either in the safe or full modes. What really has me stumped is that the issue is true for both my laptop and desktop computer.
    Anyone have a recommended "fix"?

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Try making another boot cd. Or try that one in yet another computer.

3. RojoP

RojoP Registered Member

I have made about 8 different cd's from a combination of the laptop and desktop PC's with no luck.
    I also downloaded a trial of TI 2009 just for a test, and it finds the drives just fine.

4. DwnNdrty

That's really odd because that version and build is one of the better ones. In fact I think some users here are still using that.

Maybe you should try downloading it again and install anew, if you plan on sticking with it.

5. RojoP

RojoP Registered Member

I am thinking about upgrading, but you can understand the hesitation when this version is giving me problems on a simple task.

Odd that I did try a rescue boot disk in a third computer and it found a dvd drive. However it was running XP and not Vista.

6. DwnNdrty

Well, the Acronis boot disk doesn't care what OS is on the drive. In any case you've already proved that ver 2009 works (that's the purpose of the Trial) so you might as well get it instead of fighting to make that cd work. And the 2009 version most likely has better hardware support - think Sata drives.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

RojoP,

Acronis True Image 10.0 Home is considered to be an outdated version, we do not develop it any more. Please log in to your account and download an ISO file to create the latest Acronis Bootable Rescue Media available for this version.

You can find more information on how to burn an ISO image to a CD here and here

Check the functionality of the new CD. If this doesn't help, you should upgrade your license to Acronis True Image Home 2009.

If you would like to purchase the upgrade to Acronis True Image Home 2009, please visit the Acronis online store.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

8. RojoP

RojoP Registered Member

Unfortunately there is no "Bootable Rescue Media" available for the product.

Thanks for all the help here DwnNdrty, I upgraded to 2009 as you suggested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.