TI 10 and vista

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hughes40, Apr 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hughes40

hughes40 Registered Member

I come to the completion of my vista install, i pop in cd boot of TI 10.
    I make a full image, done. reboot and BANG ! blue screen of death in vista that
    says that Loyal.sys in attempting to write to memory and my whole vista install is fkd. I boot into TI 10 and do a restore from the backup i just made and Vista never recovers. twice this is happen, any clues as to what causes Loyal.sys, because XP n Vista work until i use TI 10. and i Googles it too, nothing on Loyal.sys anywhere. :ouch:

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

If I understand you, you completed the Vista installation and confirmed that Vista booted and ran normally. Then you booted from the TI 10 Recovery CD and made an image. After that, Vista wouldn't run.

Since the Recovery CD runs in Linux and doesn't affect the hard drive files except to read them, I don't see how TI could have had any affect on your Vista installation. Something else happened.

Was your system protected from the Internet at all times by a firewall or router? Was is possible that an infected computer on the local network could have infected your new Vista installation? Look for the explanation somewhere other than the TI boot CD.

3. hughes40

thnx for the reply, the target machine was offline and completely finished installing windows, even tho, TI is lnx based, it still writes to memory when locking down partitions, before it makes image. and Loyal.sys trying to write to memory is not explained anywhere. that's what makes the windows install un-useable after writing image to disk. and all i wanna know, is , if Loyal.sys is in anyway related to TI 10.o_O

4. jmk94903

I searched my Vista Ultimate system with TI 10.4942 installed and there is no file with the name loyal at all.

Unless loyal.sys is on the Recovery CD, it's not part of TI or Vista. If it's on the TI Recovery CD, it wouldn't still be around when you remove the CD and reboot, so it wouldn't affect Vista.

I couldn't find any reference to loyal.sys either, so that's one weird file.

5. hughes40

wow, i also found no ref. anywhere on the net re: Loyal.sys
    I can assure you, its the blue screen of death, after writing a
    image in TI 10. is there no TI staff around here, to look into
    this bug ?

6. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

That is a strange one. For the length of time TI 10 and Vista have been out, this is the first report of its kind. And for the first time my Google Gods don't have an answer either. The only link they provide is to this issue.

7. jmk94903

Since note of us have loyal.sys, I think you need to assume that the problem is specific to your computer and not to Vista or TI.

What other software/hardware do you have that could be causing the problem? Could your system have been invaded by malware?

8. hughes40

malware does not invade during post or in bios, or during a fresh install.

9. jmk94903

Very well, what is on your system that is different and causing the problem?

No one seems to have loyal.sys, so it's probably a made up name or specific to one of your hardware components. I assume you have not installed any software other than Vista before the loyal.sys problem, so loyal.sys must be installed by Vista for some piece of hardware it found on your system.

Just to be sure, there is only one hard drive on your system and it only has one partition which is where you are installing Vista. Is that correct.

You do not at any time attach an external drive or connect to a network before the problem appears.

You have created the TI Recovery CD on a system which is known to be clean, and the Recovery CD works normally on other systems.

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello hughes40,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please be aware that we have not heard about such problems of Acronis True Image before.

Please also note that this driver is not related to Acronis True Image, however, to say it for sure we may suggest that you collect the following information:

- Collect the Windows dump file \WINDOWS\Memory.dmp

You should be able to boot the Safe version of Windows Vista or Windows XP to collect the file.

Please also let us know the version of Windows Vista you use (Ultimate, Business, Home etc).

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

11. QuiGonJohn

QuiGonJohn Registered Member

You may be able to repair your Vista, without reloading.

Boot to the VISTA DVD
    once at the option to install windows choose repair my computer.
    Then select your OS (windows vista) and hit next.
    It might try and automatically run startup repair if it does hit cancel immediately or you will have to wait for the scan to finish to hit cancel.
    You will then have the option to open a command prompt
    Once in the command prompt run the following commands and when finished restart the computer

1. BOOTREC.EXE /FIXMBR

/FIXMBR: Writes a master boot record to the system partition

2. BOOTREC.EXE /FIXBOOT

/FIXBOOT: Writes a new boot sector onto the system partition

3. BOOTREC.EXE /REBUILDBCD

/REBUILDBCD: Scans all disks for Windows installations and allows users to

choose which entries to add to the BCD store.

12. _Kento_

_Kento_ Registered Member

He there,

Could it be possible that you misread the BSOD message and the error related to "ROYAL.sys" (not LOYAL.sys)?

I saw the error you mentioned on this Forum . There is even a screen shot over there. And as far as I understood it is related to some kind of Vista crack, details are here.

13. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

A crack, huh .... now we're getting to the "nitty gritty". :D

14. jmk94903

I wonder if the problem is that a copy of Vista locked to one motherboard was installed on a different motherboard? Hmmmm...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.