TI 10.0 - How to make recovery DVD?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kenton, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenton

kenton Registered Member

What I want to do is pretty simple,

I'm in the process of building a new computer and I wanted to try out the software before I get Windows loaded on my new one.

I backed up the entire contents of C:\ and told it to split to DVD size chunks. That, and the verification went A-OK.

I then used NERO to burn the DVD-sized files it made (two files, one 4.7GB, the other 2.somethingGB)

I then burned the Acronis Startup Disc that it lets you burn.

I booted the startup disc and I clicked Recovery and it would not let me select a DVD drive to recover from. I do not want to recover from the hard drive, I want to recover from a DVD.

How do I do this? Thank you!

2. kenton

kenton Registered Member

Oh. I am using a fully paid for full version of the software.

Just curious why the recovery CD it burned me won't see my DVD drives as a method to restore from.

System:
    Dual Core Opteron 165
    2GB DDR400
    40GB HDD (the backup image is 2 DVD worth)
    128MB ATI video card
    2 DVD-RW drives Parallel ATA

3. kenton

kenton Registered Member

I got it working.

I selected safe bootup instead of full bootup. When I did full I could see my DVD drives as a medium to recover from.

I recovered 6GB (actually 17GB uncompressed) from two DVD discs in about 20 minutes. This was an entire clone of my C:\

Worked perfect. I know it did because I got scared and backed out but it had already overwritten my MBR (Operating System Failure message on bootup) so I had to trust TI 10.0 and it worked perfectly.

4. Unit01

Unit01 Registered Member

I'm guessing you have only one optical drive?

This isn't a problem though. You can still use it just fine. Eject the bootable CD after its finished loading and insert your Tib DVD. See if it shows up.

I recall there may have been one or two cases where a DVD drive would report as a CD drive only.

Give it a try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.