TI 10.0 + CD/DVD Burner

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by 123meins, Apr 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 123meins

123meins Registered Member

Hi,

first of all, i have to say i am a german guy, so please don't blame me for my bad english ;).

My problem is the following:
    I wanted to make a "bootfähiges Notfallmedium" (in english it could be a "bootable rescue medium") .. but it seems that TI doesn't identify my CD/DVD Burner (or the CD, which is in it .. i tried cds from verbatim, maxell, philipps).
    Does TI only detect real CD-Burner, which cannot burn DVDs or what else could be the problem?

thx for your help.

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

That is odd. Instead of trying to burn the bootable rescue CD directly, let the software create an .iso image of it instead and then use your regular burn software to convert the .iso image to the bootable cd.

3. 123meins

on the one hand you're right, but on the other, it drives me crazy in some way.
    there must be a reason, why this doesn't work how it should.

but thx for your help :).

4. randman

randman Registered Member

I have a Plextor DVD writer, and I used it to create the rescue CD on a CD+R.

5. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Is your CD/DVD drive USB attached?

6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Are you saying that your CD/DVD burner doesn't show up at all in "Bootable media selection" screen of the Acronis Media Builder Wizard?

If so, it would probably be best if you contacted Acronis Technical Support and provide the information detailed in this previous Acronis Support reply.

If that isn't the case, then please provide a little more information on when and how the error occurs.

Regards

7. tdbone1

tdbone1 Registered Member

i have the same problem...

and this is wierd because it was woring at one time

ok i bought a Sony DRU830a (that shipped with firmware SS25) from walmart...first thing i did when i got it home is goto sony and get the latest firmware for that drive which was SS23 (i thought "those numbers are lower...oh well)

i went to start the flash utility (to just see if i could back up my original firmware first and it just flashed it...)couldnt stop it...

well after it flashed to SS23 i rebooted it like it said....
    all it would do when i would try and cerate acronis true image home 10.0 4942 cd is sit there burning and give me Bad Media Errors

so i was like CRAP

so i took that drive back to walmart "thinking i would get another drive with SS25 and ill just leave that one alone and not flash it"
    got it home and installed it and that one came with firmware SS15 and A black software CD instead of a pink one like the drive with SS25

acronis would not even see the drive when i went to try and create a rescue media with true image home and true image safe version on it

so i flashed it to SS23 and rebooted and tried it again....same thing didnt see the drive

SOOO i took that one back to walmart AGAIN and this time i looked inside the DRU830a BOX to see if there was a pink software CD like the first one i had that had SS25 on it....there was a pink cd so i got it and took it home and hooked it up and it says it has SS23 (not the SS25) i was hoping for....continued to try and create a bootable rescue cd with true image home and true image safe version and again its not selectable only ISO and my floppy drive are

SOOOOO
    i created an a bootable iso file that had true image home and true image safe version on it

NERO will not continue a multisession cd (so i can boot with ti boot image AND write BACKUP the image to that same bootable dvd (not enough space left it says)
    nero cant "Continue Multisession" cause the iso file is not a multisession file
    AND if i just try and burn the image alone with out even trying to continue a multisession it writes a huge lead out track so there is no space for acronis to store an image again

i had to get ultraISO and open the acronis image i created and then add the TIB file i created when i did run acronois bootable cd and saved it to a hard drive....the hard drive locations do show up (just not the dvd-rom)

there should be some clear instructions or a howto with what to do with the acronis bootable cd ISO you can create (it just says something about burn with your favorite cd software) which is not TRUE if you want to be able to BACKUP a hard drive to that same bootable DVD

there are some problems here and im not sure if its acronis software or sony DRU830a

i talked to sony and they say alot of people are getting those DRU830a with SS25 firmware and actually downgrading them to SS23 on accident when they think they are upgrading....
    she told me sony is not working on this firmware at the moment

at walmart you can not find a DRU830a on the shelves
    they are either discontinuing it or pulling it off the shelves IMHO

so that leaves the DRU830a with SS15, SS22 and SS23

has anyone with a DRU830a have the same problems with TI10.0 home?

HAS Acronis tested their software with this drive and firmware combinations?

what is the real story

im running vista ultimate x86 on this system
    asus a8n32-sli-deluxe (latest official bios)
    nvidia nforce 4 amd drivers 15.0 for the motherboard
    x2 4200
    2 gig ram

8. Menorcaman

Hello tdbone1,

Post #269 in this previous thread titled <How to create bootable rescue DVD(s):> should help.

Regards

9. tdbone1

did you not see that i wrote i created one with ultraISO?

i want to know why my burner is not showing up as an option to backup an image using ATI10.0 4942 rescue media acronis home full version boot dvd.

is it my burner or is it your software.
    i have had 3 burners (all sony dru830a) with different firmwares, SS15, SS23 and SS25
    the burner that came with SS25 i down graded to SS23 would at least get seen with acronis 10.0 but it would write images with errors and get stuck when trying to create the actual rescue media dvd

is there a list of burners that acronis 10.0 has problems recognizing because of the burners firmware or because of ATI 10.0

you pointed me to a work around.
    i would like to know what is causing this (acronis or is it my actual burner)
    the last burner i exchanged was jsut a couple days ago...i can go change it in right now for one that works that walmart sells if that is the problem....or is it an acronis problem and i just wait for a patch

10. thomasjk

It sounds like the rescue CD does not a have a linux driver that supports the disk controller in your motherboard. Try building a BartPE CD Begginer's Guide to Creating a BartPE CD with one of Mustang's BartPE Plugins. If you search the forums you will see that there are many issues with hardware support and the Linux rescue CD. BartPE uses windows drivers. You should also raise a support issue https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317.

11. tdbone1

TI 9.1 always worked with my MB
    TI 10.0 worked with sony DRU830a ss25 downgraded to SS23

its not a driver i dont think
    what is the problem i need to know so i can take back this burner or keep it and wait for ATI 10.0 patch

12. tdbone1

ATI im still waiting for an answer....i need to know if your software is going to fix this incompatability or if its sony that needs to do a new firmware

i cant keep this burner if your software will not fix my problem

13. tdbone1

ACRONIS please answer my question.

I need to know where the problem is

is it in your software (and its being worked on)
    or
    is it in sonys fimrware and i need to take this drive back

eagerly awaiting your responce

14. thomasjk

You may want to raise a support ticket if you want a formal response. Quite frankly your wasting your time to keep repeating the question. Go get a different burner.

15. tdbone1

and do you work for acronis or at least do you talk to em and know what is going on?

if you do and that is the truth about getting another burner i will but if you dont have any inside info that i will wait from word from someone who does

16. thomasjk

Nope no inside info. Just applying common sense.:D

17. tdbone1

wouldnt common sence actually be doing what i am doing and that is trying to get a "LEGIT" answer that everyone is avoiding like the plague?

hmm isnt it strange that acronis or sony wont say where the problem is?

ACRONIS please tell me if its a problem with your software or if its a problem with the actual sony DRU830a and its firmware...

If it is the software, is it fixable?
    If it is the SONY DRU830A is it fixable?

these are not too hard of questions to be answered are they?

18. Menorcaman

Hello tdbone1,

Seems your problem is related to your specific hardware. Therefore I very much doubt that you'll get a definitive answer out of Acronis Support via this forum.

As has been suggested already, you need to gather certain info about your system and forward this to Acronis Customer Services as detailed in the forum sticky titled <Please Read Before You Post>.

Regards

19. tdbone1

omfg this isnt funny.

i just went in and exchanged my sony dru730a for a lite-on LH-20A1P and it dont show in acronis true image home 10.0 4942 either so i went and installed the latest lite-on firmware and it dont show STILL

WTF is going on

20. thomasjk

As has been suggested before you need to open an issue with support to get to the bottom of the problem.

21. tdbone1

i think the problem is pretty clear dont you?

22. 123meins

so sorry, was a little busy last week.

no, it's ide attached.

here some information about my drive:
    Drive : HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4120B
    Type : DVD-RAM Recorder
    Firmware Version : A115

mobo: asus a7n8x deluxe (nforce 2)

here's a screenshot of the menu, that i mean:
    http://images6.theimagehosting.com/albums/25965/acronis-problem.th.jpg

maybe i'll try to connect another cd/dvd burner to an ide controller in the pci slot, when i have time.

23. thomasjk

See this link http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/features-storage-media.html. It looks like DVDRAM is not a supported device type.

24. 123meins

i don't want to burn a dvd+r(w), dvd-r(w) or dvd-ram.

i just wanna burn a normal cd-r.

or do you mean, this drive isn't supported because it's just able to burn dvd-ram?! i think that would exclude a lot of drives..

but maybe you are right.

thx

25. thomasjk

Are you running INCD from Nero or Sonic DLA or Roxio's DirectCD? If so you might try disabling them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.