Thunderbird Tag Problem

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by tphoare, Jun 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tphoare

tphoare Registered Member

Just started to use Thunderbird but now Nod32 tag notifications dont show. Eset have told me that Emon only works with port 110 but there is something funny because I use Gmail (995 and 465) and Outlook shows notifications no problem. Also I use another account which does use 110 and same problem - no show in Thunderbird but OK in Outlook. o_O

Any suggestions?

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

When I used nod I was also useing thunderbird and it always put a note on the bottom of the e-mail saying it was scanned by nod.

3. zashita

zashita Registered Member

With Thunderbird, IMON will scan your incoming email.
    Could you see in IMON settings if the notification tag is set for all emails ?

And about Gmail account, I think they are encrypted, so IMON can't scan them. Maybe I a wrong about encryption, but ...
    EMON is able to scan encrypted emails in outlook (not outlook express) because the way it works is different

4. tphoare

Yes - have tried all suggestions - even set IMON's compatibility level to max but doesn't make any difference.
    Don't really know what else to try at the moment

5. alglove

alglove Registered Member

In Thunderbird, if you highlight a message and go to "View --> Message Source" (or hit Ctrl-U), does the tag show up there?

6. tphoare

No - no evidence of message being scanned by anything. Have discovered, though, that IMON will not scan port 995 encrypted messages - which exactly describes Gmail. What is strange though is that Gmail was scanned by Emon when using Outlook.

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

That's right - EMON scans decrypted messages passed on to it via MAPI by MS Outlook

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.