Thunderbird Backups

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by lvsunz, Dec 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lvsunz

lvsunz Registered Member

Would like to know if Acronis 10 provides for backing up Mozila Thunderbird components? Thank you.

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

From reading the forum, only backup for Outlook Express is provided for, but there have been several reports that it does not work. There are other ways to backup Thunderbird though - consult your Google Gods, several links come up.

3. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

One good one that I use all the time is "firebird backup", it will back up firefox or/and thunderbird.

4. lvsunz

lvsunz Registered Member

Thank you Ralphie & dbknox.

5. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Just do an image backup, full, incremental, or differential, as you desire, and include all drives. Everything will be backed up.

6. lvsunz

lvsunz Registered Member

Thanks for the feedback Howard. I'm curious though - on Acronis' site they mention Outlook & Outlook Express specifically as Email clients that are backed up, but they don't mention Thunderbird (or for that matter Firefox). Is their site simply not current? Thanks again.

7. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

When one does an image backup, one is archiving the files as of a particular point in time. All files, other than the pagefiles and hibernate files, are included in an image backup.

8. lvsunz

lvsunz Registered Member

Big help Howard - thanks. Guess it would help many folks if Acronis would provide more descriptive info on their site...

9. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

Originally Posted by lvsunz
    Thanks for the feedback Howard. I'm curious though - on Acronis' site they mention Outlook & Outlook Express specifically as Email clients that are backed up, but they don't mention Thunderbird (or for that matter Firefox). Is their site simply not current? Thanks again.

Nor any other browsers/email programs. I would suspect because the bulk of the people out in "computer land" are still using IExplorer and Outlook. Plus these programs are very hard to back up unless one knows where to look. I am surprised they included Ei and outlook in Version 10. They must have had a lot of requests.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.