Three newbie questions...short.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pollyanna, Feb 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pollyanna

pollyanna Registered Member

Hi...

I've nearly decided to try Acronis but answers to these basic questions would be a help.

1. I will get the download but will have to use diall-uo. What is the size of the file?

2. And if I lose the connection will I be able to pick it up again without losing what has already arrived? I'm using Firefox downloader on XP.

3. It is mainly for making images of drive C:\ where XP lives. Will Acronis have to go on D:\ ?

I promise to dig into the Manual before posting again.....Cheers P.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pollyanna,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

1. The size of the installation package depends on the version but the difference is not big. For example, Acronis True Image 8.0 installation package is 23Mb, Acronis True Image 8.0 Server installation package is 25.2 Mb.

2. If you use a download manager that splits the download stream into several streams you will not be able to download because our download server doesn't allow such a multiple connection. However if the manager doesn't split the stream but only remembers where the connection was lost you will likely to be able to download from the point where you have lost the connection.

3. I couldn't quite get what you mean by "Acronis will have to go on D:\" so I will try to guess. You may install Acronis True Image to any folder you wish. By default it is installed into C:\Program Files\Acronis\ but you may indicate any location you wish.

You may take images not only of your C: partition but of the whole disk or any other single or set (several) of partitions. It doesn't depend on where Acronis True Image is installed and whether any applications are launched including operating system itself.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. pollyanna

pollyanna Registered Member

Hello Ilya

Thanks for the usefull reply. Just one more thing...can you tell me how to find a list of supported burners on the Acronis website. My burner is an LG GSA4081B Super Multi DVD Drive, in case you can tell me here. Best regards...P :)

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pollyanna,

It doesn't matter what DVD burner you use. Actually Acronis True Image doesn't work with DVD burner. Instead it uses third-party UDF writing software that should be installed. This software will work with your burner.

Please read the follwoing article concerning DVD burning:

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/faq.html#20

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.