Three helps puh-leese.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by timmy, Aug 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timmy

timmy Registered Member

Re: Acronis 2009

o_O Select Columns
    You can select the columns to be displayed, by checking the appropriate column names. Use the Up and Down buttons to change the display order of the selected column. Click OK to apply changes. Click Cancel to quit this window without saving your settings.

What columns, what is the above talking about? Where are these "columns" to be found? I searched for half an hour and found nothing to match the description or that could be modified with up and down buttons.
    o_O The system will always keep the last backup archive. When a task for another backup begins, the older backup is deleted – freeing space for the backup in progress. If there is not enough free space on your PC, the program will notify you that it cannot back up the system volume and will suggest that you specify a destination for backup yourself.

The two sentences contradict each other. The first one says if space runs out, the oldest backup will be deleted to make room. The second one says if space runs out, you will get a notification and be asked what to do. Whch of the two statments (they can't both be be correct) is true? I personally would prefer the first option, but have found no way to enable it.

I get this message every time I try to use the Try&Decide. Another poster in the forum also had this problem, but nobody knew what do to (at least he never got an answer that was not vague and unusable). Any help appreciated.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

You are using which Acronis product?
    Which screen are you in or is this just from the help file?

Making a guess that this is from the help file and is referring to the log file window, then it is referring to the standard Windows ability to click on the title bar of a column, causing that column to have focus and re-order the other columns to suit.

E.g:

Event Log has the columns - Event | Date | Message

Click on Date and the entries are sorted in date order newest first or oldest first depending on the original sort state (it toggles), similarly for the other columns, click on Message and it sort of sorts into Messages in alphabetical order.

Yes your second query is down to a poor translation, but which product are you seeing this in? TI 2009 doesn't have a low disk space warning feature. Do you have ABR10 or some other version of TI?

Try and Decide - have you implimented a Secure Zone, and is the Service set to automatic and running?

If you could refer to which pages in the help file/manual you're looking at we can all be on the same page so to speak :)

3. timmy

timmy Registered Member

Thanks so much for trying to help Mr. Coln.

Am using the latest version of TI called "2009" which I am assuming means this year.

Yes the quotes are from the help files.

I don't know what ABR10 is?

I do have the Secure Zone in place, but don't know if it has "Service set to automatic and running" - don't know what that is?

I don't know exactly which pages in the help file the two quotes are from but the two sentences that contradict eachother are both from the same place and both together as shown. Sentence two was written immediately after sentence one in the help file.

With this added information (actually had already stated that the version was 2009) do you think you can figure out a solution? Thanks your help.

4. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

5. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Whoops sorry, I missed that.

The corporate version of TI, which does have the option for notifying you if the disk space available is less than a certain amount. Acronis Backup and Recovery

Click on Windows START button then select RUN - type in 'services.msc' (leave out the quotation marks). From the form that opens up find Try and Decide (this normally is listed in alphabetical order) see if under the column STARTUP Type if it is listed as automatic. Under the status column see if it is running.

OK, rather than page, which section are you looking at? There is actually a PDF version of the manual, and occasionally it has differed from that which is written in the help files.

Either way, TI 2009 does not notify you that you are short on disk space until it happens. The only versions that do are those ready for 2010, where you can set an option to be notified when free disk space reaches a certain level.

The exception is the Secure Zone which will notify you that there is not enough space before imaging starts or T&D is activated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.