ThreatSense Setup re Smart optimization and Modules

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by rnfolsom, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rnfolsom

rnfolsom Registered Member

In NOD32 AV v4.0.437, Settings, Entire Advanced Setup Tree, Antivirus and antispyware, ThreatSense engine parameter setup, Other, the ? Help says the following about Enable Smart optimization:

". . . Is [If] the Smart Optimization [is] disabled, only the user-defined settings in the ThreatSense core of the particular modules are applied when performing a scan."

Generally speaking, I don't have a clue about what this statement means.

More specifically, I have three questions:

1) In NOD32 v2.x I knew what the modules were. I'd like a list of module names for NOD32 AV v4. Are they particular items in the Advanced Setup Tree? If so, which items qualify as modules?

2) What and where is the core of a module? One or more examples would help.

3) In the Entire Advanced Setup Tree, Antivirus and antispyware, ThreatSense engine parameter setup, Other, suppose that I have checked Enable Smart optimization.
    But at sub-locations, for example at
    Entire Advanced Setup Tree, Antivirus and antispyware, Email client protection, ThreatSense engine parameter setup, Other,
    or at
    Entire Advanced Setup Tree, Antivirus and antispyware, Web access protection, ThreatSense engine parameter setup, Other,
    or at
    Entire Advanced Setup Tree, Antivirus and antispyware, Web access protection, On-demand ThreatSense engine parameter setup, Other,

suppose I do NOT check Smart optimization.

Does checking the Smart optimization setting at
    Entire Advanced Setup Tree, Antivirus and antispyware, ThreatSense engine parameter setup, Other,
    override an unchecked Smart optimization setting at the sub-locations such as those listed above?

And does checking the Web access protection Smart optimization override not checking the On-demand computer scan Smart optimization, given that the latter apparently (for reasons that escape me, but that's the way the tree is organized) is a sub-location of the former?

Thanks for any help.

Roger Folsom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.