Threatrack Security?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by tomdy2k, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomdy2k

tomdy2k Registered Member

Vipre is now called this..anyone know if the same people make it?

you think vipre will ever be as good as bitdefender or Kaspersky?
    It always gets mediocre scores from testing sites..o_O

2. itman

itman Registered Member

Nope:thumbd:

3. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

http://www.threattracksecurity.com/about-us.aspx

4. tomdy2k

afraid of that..when i had it liked their customer service though:D

5. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening! So is Threat Track...owned by Ex Sunbelt Personnel? And is GFI any longer associated with Vipre? Just my own feeling that it's a positive thing if Vipre is no longer associated with GFI...hopefully Threat Track will improve the app...and be more customer focused. Time will only tell! Sincerely...Securon

6. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

IT seemed they were making good progress when Sunbelt was developing it. They had good support too. I was concerned the product quality would decline after GFI took over so I never bought licenses; turns out I may have done something smart for once.

7. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

Hopefully Alex Eckelberry, Michael St. Neitzel (aka Inspector Clouseau) and Nick Hailin will be back. Their team was all about customer satisfaction and product improvement. I miss running Sunbelt's VIPRE version :rolleyes: .

8. Securon

Good Evening! Atomomega...I used to be able to contact Alex Eckleberry direct usually via e-mail...and their customer service was hands down...the finest in the industry. GFI...simply purchased Vipre to sell to it's Enterprise Market...it had no previous experience in dealing with the Home User. And most importantly it put little effort into improving Vipre...formerly Counterspy. What I'd like to know is when did GFI...sell Vipre to Threat Track? And will Threat Track provide a User Forum? Sincerely...Securon

9. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

I would most certainly not make any decision purely on a single comment like "nope:thumbd: ".Some documented evidence would be appreciated otherwise it is merely a personal opinion with no creedence.

If you want a security product that is as good as kaspersky or bitdefender,then why on earth do you not just purchase and use one of those?

I think its very unfair to sunbelt as a company to be comparing them to other bigger companies and then being critical because they cannot step up to the mark.

There is too much testing and comparison amongst security products and they treat security as if its some kind of tribal battle for superiority amongst the general public.:argh:

10. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

So they buy Sunbelt, then spin it back off? How does that make sense?

11. Securon

Good Evening! I Just purchased Vipre I.S.2013. It's branded as GFI. Is ThreatTrack a wholly owned subsidiary of GFI...or was it sold outright to ThreatTrack? And is Sunbelt related to ThreatTrack? Sincerely...Securon

12. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Just a guess, but I'd say it was something to do with quarterly earnings or some other corporate reason.

13. tomdy2k

i own bitdefender and vipre trying to decide which to use,,also KIS:argh:

14. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

I noticed on their website that Threat Track is based in Clearwater, FL. IIRC it's the same location Sunbelt used to be at. I never bothered checking GFI's website after they acquired Sunbelt, so I'm not sure if it's been the same for all three or if they are actually back at Clearwater.

15. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Apparently so.

2.png 5.png

Reading here....
    http://www.threattracksecurity.com/about-us.aspx
    I get the impression the the three in question are one in the same.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  16. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Clearwater, Fla. – March 18, 2013 – ThreatTrack Security Inc. – formerly the Security Business Unit of GFI Software – today launched operations as an independent company dedicated to the analysis, detection and remediation of advanced malware threats. ThreatTrack Security specializes in helping organizations identify and prevent Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs), targeted attacks and sophisticated malware designed to evade the traditional cyber-defenses deployed by enterprises, government agencies, and small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) around the world.

http://www.threattracksecurity.com/about-us/press-releases.aspx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.