Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by aigle, Feb 11, 2008.
I am downloading it now!
#15 has been changed in the post you quoted aigle
1. Microsoft Security Center approved “AV”.
2. English/German versions. Note – German not fully translated yet.
3. Updated AV Engine. Update from 4.4.2 to 4.4.5
4. Dynamic AV Database updates. AV Database updates are no longer tied to the product update mechanism. Instead, db updates are similar to Black/White list updates and happen on regularly scheduled intervals.
5. Animated Tray Icon. Animation (flickering flame) during scan and quarantine. Tooltip during animation provides additional information.
6. Survey and Notification Dialog updates.
7. Options in Settings to change language, and manage notifications.
8. New malware rules
9. New/Updated Help.
10. Fix for schedule scan
11. UI Typo – thanks solcroft
12. Level 4 blank alerts
13. TF crash http://www.pctools.com/forum/showthr...d=1#post177367
14. Hopefully …. Hotmail, Ebay sign in resolved. (like I mentioned, this is fixed for us in house)
15. Information on the rule triggered is in the Protection log and not the alert window -- sorry Disk4mat (misunderstanding by myself)
16. Alert dialog will link to ThreatExpert if threat is known in "Learn more".
17. DPI 120 fix
Wow updated without a hitch. This program is improving with every update. I'm just hoping for a reset button for the number of malware blocked yet and I'll be even happier than I am now with TF. LOL.
thanks aigle, as always.
@Aigle- thanks for the heads-up.
Is the new version also available in 'Free' mode? I have never tried TF before, but am I correct in assuming that this program can run alongside an AV (like NOD32 f.e.)?
Not updated mine yet (am at work) but have been using TF free alongside NOD32 for a few months now. Both excellent products in my opinion and very unobtrusive.
Yes and .... Yes!
Is anyone running Threatfire along side OA v2?
I've tried TF (not the current version and not with OA) and each time it runs fine for a couple of days then TF uses 95-100% cpu and locks up my PC, only way to fix was to shut down from tower. Curious, cause I kindda liked TF. But maybe not needed with OA.
Does anyone know if they fixed the glitch that would keep EAZ-FIX from starting up?
Decieded to try out the new version.
I'll post back weather or not there's any problems with OA.
wasnt that the behavior of Cyberhawk.
Don't know, never tried when it was Cyberhawk.
CH ran just fine for me, as does TF.
I agree that ThreatFire runs very well. I have it running along with the AV and Firewall Components of my AVG 7.5 ISS and Spy Sweeper with no significant slowdowns. I do think FF takes a split second more time to open when SS is installed, but no slow downs in web browsing or my PC. Also the PC Tools forum is hardly filled with any major problems concerning TF which is a good sign. I was using Comodo Pro and liked it, but with TF and SS I see no need for it. Of course I would love to use SuperAntiSpyware Pro with TF, but I just don't have the money right now and will have to settle for the free version. If I hadn't managed to get all of my current set up for free, I'd be using Avast Home and TF Free Edition with PC Tools Firewall, and naturally SAS Free.
Well i hope you loyals of TF are satisfied now. I only wanted to try thePC Tools firewall and mistakenly in haste brought in TF too as the package deal.
But i will say this, i'm cautiously optomistic so far, no slowdowns, glitches or issues at all and this combo seems to do everything i been reading up on. It remains to be seen if i keep this team, but i am not disappointed or even concerned at this point, and threat fire seems stable enough although due to it's forced hooking it makes me click on EQS alerts several more times then i'm comfortable with compared to running EQS alone.
I think i'm going to throw some malware at it and see what develops, but it's not so bad as i first thought, they have improved it, of that i cannot question.
Ohhh... I never knew it.
I installed TF v 3.0.13 in a snapshot of Eaz-Fix v 8.1 and faced problems. I deleted the snapshot and reinstalled in a new one and it went OK.
Now I have installed TF v 3.0.14 and it,s OK.
Was there any thread about this issue?
Is the new TF hard on memory?
It's running a little under 8MB here.
I just installed the newest version (Free) and it seems to be blocking the auto updater of my RSS news feeder (nu.nl, a Dutch news site). When I uninstall TF all works well again.
Does anyone know how to get them to work together?
Seems OK here!
No, it runs light BUT keep an eye on CPU time.
Thanks Blackcat and boonie, appreciate.
DOES TF protected against killdisk and similar malware?
Separate names with a comma.