ThreatFire Driver File and NOD32

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jab2, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jab2

jab2 Registered Member

When I downloaded and installed ThreatFire 4.1.0.25 yesterday I got an alert that I needed another file, a file concerning drivers called mchInjDrv.sys. and NOD32 quarantined it, but every time I reboot my computer NOD32 catches it again and deletes it. NOD32 says the reason is "Win32.Monitor.PCAgent application"

Should I take it off the quarantine list and tell NOD 32 to let it load? ThreatFire runs and scans rootkits without it. I'm assuming this is some file that protects your drivers from being tampered with by trojans, but I thought I'd run it by ESET people to confirm it's okay to let it load.

If anyone could enlighten me I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

2. pegr

pegr Registered Member

This is a legitimate file used by ThreatFire. NOD32 detects it when detection of potentially unsafe applications is enabled. You should either exclude the file from scanning by NOD32 or, alternatively, disable the detection of potentially unsafe applications.

This has been discussed previously in the following thread: -

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=231865

3. jab2

jab2 Registered Member

Thanks for the information.

4. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Hello

Be aware this is very old hat but theres legitamacy to this particulat driver as been used by malware in the past, not sure if it still is or not, but FYI, MAMUTU also incorporates this "hidden" driver file so make sure you EXCLUDE IT!!!

EASTER

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.