ThreatFire 4.6 bugs

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by hoefkko, Sep 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoefkko

hoefkko Registered Member

Hi,
    I installed ThreatFire beta 4.6 on my Windows 7 x64 system.
    After installing, DaemonTools stopped working and I can't access my network drives anymore.
    As for as I know the problem with not being able to connect to network drives has been posted previously for an older version of ThreatFire but I don't know the bug has been solved.
    I tried posting these bugs on the PCTools forum, but for some reason I can not post on there forum.

Kind regards,

Koen

2. bonedriven

bonedriven Registered Member

TF never worked without a problem after I had tried so many versions on all different OS and machines I have used. I totally give up on the product now. I guess you'll drop it sooner or later.

Edit:
    Well, there are cases that it doesn't cause problems on someone's machines.

3. HealingStargate

HealingStargate Registered Member

I find that the new version will NOT install on my computer.

I removed completely the last version and and downloaded 4.6 but when I try to install I get a notice that TF is still on my system and so can not install 4.6.

Anyone else finding a problem installing 4.6?

4. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

I had a hang up upon reboot in the configuration Twister+Sandboxie 3.38+ PC Tools Firewall 3.0.1.14 + TF 4.6.
    Soon followed by BSOD "bad pool header".

I had to reboot from the reset switch, upon reboot, PC Firewall said that its files had been tampered with and had to load defaults for safety reasons.

Changed firewall to Ashampoo and all seems good, for NOW.

I too am suspicious of new TF releases, they 've done some pretty unstable ones.

5. guest

guest Guest

I am runing comodo and threatfire on win7 x64 and for me everything its ok.

6. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

It runs okay on XP.

7. dallas7

dallas7 Guest

Threatfire's uninstaller has always been crap. They know it and have never fixed it and even have their own utility for doing a complete removal:
    http://www.threatfire.com/files/RemoveThreatFire(3.0).zip
    Note that it's in its third revision!
    Do the uninstall. Do the reboot. Run that remover.
    That should fix the leftover TF rubbish.

I wonder if we'll be seeing a 4.0 to uninstall TF 4.6 when 4.7 (or 5.x) comes out?

8. hoefkko

So it seems like I am not the only one that has problems with TF:(
    Problem is I am running Windows 7 64 bit (to use my 8GB RAM) and would like to have some bahaviour based protection.
    Does anyone know some other behaviour based protection that runs on Win7 x64?

Thanks

9. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

TF 4.6 was released yesterday officially, its not beta. so u might wanna try the release version.

10. hoefkko

I just downloaded and installed the released version and I don't have problems now connecting to my network drive:) .
    I don't have the time to test daemontools, but I will do the test in a couple of days.

Thanks for letting me know about the release:) .

Koen

11. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

ye the beta was terrible for me but this release version is the first workign version of TF for me EVER, its great. :thumb:

12. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Beta worked perfectly on Vista x64, after uninstall the final recovered all my custom rules, so no need to move General.dat file out of Users or Documents and Settings, to make sure you did not lose your custom rules :thumb: .

13. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

today i was restarting my computer and i noticed that threatfire was causing windows host process has stopped working (rundll32.exe) when i would check WSC. maybe because the beta is no longer supported? after updating? so i uninstalled it and it stopped. but now i have to try out the official 64bit threatfire. can anyone verify?

14. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I simply don't understand it.

The Beta was showing some great promise since the Custom Rules were working to perfection these weeks i been testing it on my own XP Pro rig. You could even try to rename a Registry Key/Value if you entered them in the rules, and immediately TF(Beta) would jump right up and offer the "Kill Switch" as i call it in "Kill Process", LOL

I installed the "released" version and i can't get those same rules to take no matter what.

IMHO, PC Tools needs to make exporting/importing rulesets an absolute *MUST! because for some odd reason i am not getting any bites near like i did in Custom Rules in the beta, and the beta was supposed to be the buggy version.

o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.