ThreatFire 3.0.4.0 Beta Available

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Thankful, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Last edited: Aug 30, 2007
  2. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

Same thing here, too.

3. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

ThreatFire 3.0.7.0 Beta Available

4. Trespasser

This version (3.0.7.0) seems a lot lighter on my system...meaning it boots up and shuts down quicker. The only problem I have with ThreatFire is it seems to block a few web sites from loading (my aol and hotmail email accounts). If I turn TF off they load. Odd.

5. cp4eva

cp4eva Registered Member

May I ask what browser you're running?
    I've had no trouble accessing Hotmail or AOL while running TF.
    It's running pretty darn light for me, too.

6. Trespasser

Always Firefox with Adblock Plus, NoScript, and CookieSafe. And, yes, I've allowed script for both sites in NoScript. Sometimes Hotmail opens but most often it freezes as it tries to load. On my AOL mail account I can log in fine but it freezes up as it tries to load. I uninstall ThreatFire and the sites open with no problem.

7. Gren

Gren Registered Member

Am using all those three FF add-ons with ThreatFire and have had no problems so far accessing Hotmail. Either through FF or through Windows Live Mail on desktop.

Just tested it to make sure its all okay since update and still fine.

8. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Logging in fine but freezing up when loading up? perhaps it is RAM memory related ? do you have sufficient RAM available ?

9. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

I installed v3.0.7.0. No issues there and then ran it for an hour or so before it completely locked my PC...no BSOD but rather nothing responded anymore (and the Task Manager icon on the System Tray was completely green...suggesting that something was hogging memory). Uninstalled TF, rebooted and all was fine again.:doubt:

Will try again shortly as I like the look of this program. CyberHawk had good reviews re. the fact that it did a good job when compared to the likes of PRSC (now AntiBot).;)

10. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: I have a similar situation w/ Toshiba p4 laptop, 520 ram. But it runs very smoothly with new intel T5500 duo core 2, 2x520 ram. IMO, it is very likely a memory related issue.

11. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I preferred the Novatix CyberHawk releases. ThreatFire + PC Tools are to me going to go the way of the obsolete before very long. Oh well.

12. solcroft

solcroft Registered Member

Actually, I liked the PC Tools release better. Spiffier UI, malware removal, better protection, custom rules and rootkit scanning. The only thing that got worse is the name, but I can live with that.

It's also strange to say that you preferred the "Novatix" releases. The team of developers working on ThreatFire is the same one that worked on Cyberhawk. Doesn't make sense IMO.

13. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Yeah i know the Novatix Team are still the same, just call me the suspicious type. I always get a queezy uneasyness when a really good program merges with another one that isn't as well regarded as others.

I understand about the improvements too, i just feel that Novatix could have done all that on their own anyway eventually.

And you got to admit, ThreatFire? IMO that name doesn't quite do justice for a HIPS, but then some will argue as long as the program works as expected the name doesn't matter, and thats right of course.

I just preferred the way it was compared to the way it is now and have completely dismissed it from my attention, although i still hold to older installers And Name of the original CYBERHAWK.

14. solcroft

Personally, I prefer to judge a program by its own merits rather than which company bought it. Same goes for BOClean, I always enjoy a silent chuckle at the expense of the paranoia of the poor sheep who bash it now just because it was sold to Comodo.

In all honesty, if you can't find any reason to like the program now, I daresay you'll find even less reasons (save for sentimental ones) to hold on to the older installers.

15. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

Of course, if it was bought by MS then we'd be justified in our suspicion-not paranoido_O

16. Trespasser

I've got 1024 mbs of Ram running on my system. Also a Celeron D 2.4 ghz processor (over-clocked to 2.6). Desktop, not laptop.

17. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, any feedback from PCTools-threatfire ?

18. solcroft

For some reason the official TF forum is full of posts concerning crashes, freezes, and conflicts in one form or another these last few days. I guess I must be one of the lucky few to have used TF with absolutely no problems so far.

19. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,solcroft: Can you come up with good solutions for PCTools ? ThrearFire has adopted your constructive inputs in the past and so much that James at QA has acknowledged your valuable contributions publicly. Good citizen, :thumb:

20. solcroft

Unfortunately, I don't know anywhere near enough about high-level programming to contribute anything to how to solve compatibility problems with the hundreds of other software out there. :eek:

21. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

On that note then I rest my suspicions, not particularly in some effort to unfairly judge or cast unreasonable doubt toward (Um,) ThreatFire (formerly CyberHawk), but as long as ANY program runs stable & w/out issues for you, theres no concerns to mention.

I followed the progression of then CyberHawk throughout it's duration up and untill the merger/buyout or whatever and perhaps those founding developers were encouraged by the prospects of their flagship-product vastly improving with newer resources to draw on.

Perhaps. All i know is that a lot is been made lately, more over issues then reliable results and that always gives rise to some hesitation if not complete avoidance.

22. cp4eva

cp4eva Registered Member

I'm holding hope that TF is a smooth-running app once it's out of the oven. Until then, I'm still running CH on my box.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.