Threat: ", virus" ?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by beethoven, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

We are running Nod V 3 and one pc has come up with alerts that show up in the remote console as threat: ", virus" - what does that mean.
    It's a critical warning / Scanner real-time system protection and relates to some files like drive:\winnt\softwaredistribution\download\14d..... or
    drive:\winnt\security\logs\winlogon.log

also: start-up scanner: drive:\winnt\system32\config.nt

I have uploaded these files to virustotal and they are considered clean by all scanners including NOD.

This pc is only used to generate some reports, does not have email, is not used for surfing and has no new software installed (apart from windows automatic updates).

I assume these are false alerts but what is causing them and why is the threat description so vague?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please paste here the complete record from the Threat log so that we know the full path as well as the threat name which was detected.

3. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

My point is that the threat name listed is :
    and the full path is basically given in my op.

Right now I don't have access to the other details as I am no longer in the office but believe me the original screen in the remote console did not give more info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.