Thread "Instant" Notifications Stopped

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by crofttk, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

I've been getting instant notifications for years to a yahoo.com email address. This functionality stopped a day or two ago.

I've been through all the CP and profile options and have a slew of threads I'm subscribed to, all marked "Instant", yet I see unread threads in my subscription folder which I never got notifications on.

The telling bit was that I just actually posted in the "Introducing Prevx...." thread and received no notification email when someone posted just after me.

Any help for this?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Yahoo has recently increased its rejection rate on these types of emails from us. I imagine it's some sort of spam reduction program they've implemented or tightened up on. I'm afraid there's nothing I can do about it. You may need to use a different email provider.

3. crofttk

OK, fair enough, I'll try another.

I didn't realize they would just reject emails out of hand and not put them in my spam folder so I could make a choice! Seems kind of big-brotherish of them. LOL, irony is that it's due to Wilders notifications that Yahoo had dubbed me some kind of super-duper mailer and allocated me larger storage and email attachment size limits!

Then again, I suspect my ISP of doing the same kind of crap.

Thanks for the response.

4. crofttk

Success! Our friends at Google have no problem taking in Wilders notifications!

Yahoo? What a bunch of Yahoos!:argh:

5. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

haha I was about to post the same thing ;)

Too bad about yahoo my fav webmail :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.