Thread deleted

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by The Seeker, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Seeker

The Seeker Registered Member

I posted a thread earlier today about an update that postpones the expiration date of Windows 8 Developer Preview. This thread has been deleted. Why?

2. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

It was merged with the Windows 8 thread.

3. The Seeker

Ah. Maybe when a mod deletes a thread, they could PM the user and tell them why.

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

The Seeker, your thread was not deleted, it was merged into Windows 8 - Looks really awsome to keep a related Windows 8 topic in the same thread for anyone wanting to know more about Windows 8. I even Posted a reply to let everyone know the action that was taken.

5. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Usually in the topic there's a message left by the mod.

6. The Seeker

I see that now, after Hungry Man pointed me to the thread. If I hadn't viewed that thread, or asked here what happened, I'd have never known.

7. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

The Seeker, if you look at your Profile, under Find all posts by The Seeker, you would have known where the post ended up.

8. The Seeker

I did something very similar, except I clicked on 'Find all threads started by The Seeker' which showed the second to last thread I started at the top. This lead me to believe my thread had been deleted.

9. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Ah, now I see why you did not find it. :) Whenever a post of mine is gone, I always look at Find all posts by JRViejo to see where it went.

Let me take a moment to remind all Wilders members to please search first before posting a topic. With hundreds of daily posts from throughout the World, there's a likelihood that someone has already posted it, and if not, at the very least by searching, you can add it as a related subject, to an already established thread if found. Thanks!

10. The Seeker

For what it's worth, I did search and see whether anyone had reported this. I was aware of the thread you've placed mine in, but thought "Windows 8 - Looks really awsome" (sic) was too general a title for something so specific. Anyway, thanks for letting me know what happened :)

P.S. I hope you can see how a PM simply saying, "Hi, I've merged your thread with this one" could've avoided all of this.

11. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

During the span of this conversation, many posts were reviewed, and actions were taken on several. I wish I could PM everyone, yet there's a lot of Mod activity behind the scene that most members do not see. Glad that you understood what had happened. Take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.