Thoughts on Comodo GeekBuddy

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Page42, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Who here has used Comodo GeekBuddy?
    What is your opinion of the service?
    For $50 per year, it seems like it could be a good deal for non-technical people, and maybe even for technically inclined folks who run into a challenge they can't handle alone. But what little I have found on the subject seems to be complaints about quality of service.
    I see they offer a 60-day free trial. That's very good.
    I just installed a Comodo product, so for the first time I am faced with GeekBuddy this and GeekBuddy that. I did finally shut down the service from starting.
    I'm very interested in what fellow Wilders members think about GeekBuddy?

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

You can choose not to install geek buddy with the custom installation at the beginning and you can uninstall it as well.

3. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

I missed the option during install.
    And the purpose of this thread is to try to decide if I want to uninstall.
    So, have you any experiences with GeekBuddy?

4. Dark Shadow

Well I installed at one time my self,I did not care for it but I can't really say it wouldn't help someone in need.I have not experienced a problem to try it out.I know thats not very helpful to your question.

5. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Your input is always helpful, DS.
    All you can say is how something worked for you, or what you think about it personally, right?
    And that is what I'm looking for. ;)

6. Dark Shadow

Thanks page, nice of you to say.;)

7. Same here just uninstalled it or didn't install it. Seems like a nice feature though, I wonder how good their support is?

8. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

What I'm trying to find out. ;)
    Guess I've asked in the wrong forum.
    Most people here ARE the GeekBuddy. :cool:

9. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

I've never bothered to try it and so I can't really say for the quality of the service. You can try checking out the Comodo forums...if memory serves me well, I might have come across both good and bad comments by those who've used it before...so it's a toss of the coin so to say.

However, still if I were to give an opinion, $50 for a year does seem a bit pricey (but probably cheaper than other similar services?) and chances are most here wouldn't bother paying (given the technical know-how). On the other hand, a 60-day free trial for such a service seems like a fair amount of time and might serve as a last resort/option especially if the person is facing problems and on the verge of giving up...

10. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Very true, safeguy. That's the way I see it.
    But I always balk at the remote connection thing.
    If I ever have someone else work on my computers, they're gonna have to be in the same room with me and the boxes, and I'll probably be standing over them going, "Why did you do that?" and "What was that all about?"
    I'll drive them nuts and they'll throw their hands up in the air and walk out. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.