Thoughts on Comodo free version

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by chrispbug, May 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrispbug

chrispbug Registered Member

I've posted several times on various forums but still find the subject of free av programs confusing.
    I'm using avg 7.5 (after a quick trip to avg 8 which I did not like as it slowed my system down too much)
    I've tried Avira, Avast, Bitdefender and Comodo and can't decide on which one is best for me. My son swears by Comodo which he now uses as he can't get on with avg 8 either.
    Any comments would be helpful - by the way I run Threatfire alongside these programs

2. PiCo

PiCo Registered Member

Hmm a part of CAVS is integrated in Comodo Firewall Pro as a malware scanner (Scan My System).

The first time I run it, it found 3 true malware (I'd left them on purpose) and 4-6 false positives, I can't remember the exact number.
    I submitted them and the issue was corrected in a few days.

What I am trying to say, I bet CAVS will be very very good, but it still has way to go!

Of course people in the Comodo forum are always helpfull for any issues you may come across.

3. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

Wait in a few months to use the new Comodo Anti-virus, prob be in beta but still. But in the mean time look into free and paid alternatives.

4. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

I don't really think that Comodo could be as good as the free Avira.

5. Diver

Diver Registered Member

Speculation, you don't really have any way to support that opinion.

6. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

PLEASE do not turn this into an "A versus B" thread or the mods will close it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.