This would be cool - TI boot disk and backup on ONE dvd

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by zippo2007, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zippo2007

zippo2007 Registered Member

Now this would be cool.

How about the Acronis boot disk ( rescue disc ) AND a simple image of your OS on the *same* disc ?

Is this possible ? , I'm assuming not.

By the way, how come Acronis estimates a backup as X amount, and it's always very off with its estimate ( it's always much higher ) ?

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Never used it but have a look at the option to copy media components when writing to removable media in the backup wizard options window.

Things like this never really excite me but I know others want it. I have my TI boot CD in a CD box with my old Windows startup CD, Memtest+ CD, and other CD tools. I just like having everything for maintenance kept like that and I know the CD works because it is the one I used the last time. Just me.

If you are referring to a size estimate it is probably because TI just makes use of a constant fudge-factor, ie, it doesn't read the drive contents and analyze them. So if you have a lot of mpegs, jpgs, zips it will be off.

Edit: Just came across this a few posts down: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=926962#post926962

3. zippo2007

zippo2007 Registered Member

Hi seekforever,

thank you for the info. I think i"m just going to do what you do, this is an excellent idea. I'll buy a cd holder at the store, and use this.

thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.