This would be cool - TI boot disk and backup on ONE dvd

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by zippo2007, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zippo2007

zippo2007 Registered Member

Now this would be cool.

How about the Acronis boot disk ( rescue disc ) AND a simple image of your OS on the *same* disc ?

Is this possible ? , I'm assuming not.

By the way, how come Acronis estimates a backup as X amount, and it's always very off with its estimate ( it's always much higher ) ?

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Never used it but have a look at the option to copy media components when writing to removable media in the backup wizard options window.

Things like this never really excite me but I know others want it. I have my TI boot CD in a CD box with my old Windows startup CD, Memtest+ CD, and other CD tools. I just like having everything for maintenance kept like that and I know the CD works because it is the one I used the last time. Just me.

If you are referring to a size estimate it is probably because TI just makes use of a constant fudge-factor, ie, it doesn't read the drive contents and analyze them. So if you have a lot of mpegs, jpgs, zips it will be off.

Edit: Just came across this a few posts down: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=926962#post926962

3. zippo2007

zippo2007 Registered Member

Hi seekforever,

thank you for the info. I think i"m just going to do what you do, this is an excellent idea. I'll buy a cd holder at the store, and use this.

thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.