This was interesting

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by trjam, Dec 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

laptop reimaged. Shadow Defender installed with threatfire. Been using it for 4 days. Emails dont come to this computer. Tonight on exiting Shadow Defender and rebooting, threatfire threw up an alert once rebooted. It didnt identify what so I allowed it. After that ran F-Secure online scanner that said it found the virus malware.adra. It didnt have any info on it. My concern or question is, before I installed SD I ran Kasperskys online scanner and this pc has not been on the internet without being in shadow mode. On this pc no files are designated to be saved to... Is it possible something could have slipped through and on the reboot threatfire caught it and F-Secure found it.

I have rebooted this pc several times over the last 4 days and nothing was identified by Threatfire

now rebooted in shadow mode and threatfire popped up saying high alert, I quarantined it and it says it is a driver.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Any other file specific information?

Blue

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

the malware said something about microsoft office 2003. the protection log in threatfire really didnt but it doesnt matter since I rebooted, it deleted the record. Just really weird.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.