...this thing i have...called StartPage-DU

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by StrikeXIII, Jul 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StrikeXIII

StrikeXIII Guest

I have no idea what it is...mcafee keeps detecting it, like when i do something, it seems to be more a set hour when it pops up, but it uses some dll, i can delete the dll, but it just comes back, how do i clean the whole thing. When i go into mcafee and scan, it doesnt find it. I also have the BackDoor-CFB virus, and it doesnt even detect it, can someone help me?

2. lord dubu

lord dubu Registered Member

I have been fighting the same two monsters for the better part of a week now. There's another thread here on the backdoor-cfb. No one's removed it yet, but there is a registry change you can make which will allow you to keep it from initializing every time you open an app.

As to the startpage, I was getting it frequently, until I deleted an exe I found in my temp internet files. I wish I could remember the name of the file. It still launches every night around midnight, and I haven't been able to stop it. But fortunately mcafee can delete the dll it spawns. The original file changes its name though, because by the time I get to the folder mcafee says it was in the file is gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.