This program has been damaged Error Message

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by soloshadoe, Jun 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soloshadoe

soloshadoe Registered Member

I've tried to follow some of the other threads pertaining to the error message "This program has been damaged, possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive or a virus. Please reinstall it."

However, I can't seem to find if there is a conclusive way to remedy the problem or if we're waiting for version 3.2 to resolve this.

And yes, I just got hit with the CWS worm running XP Pro. I've run Adware, Spybot & HijackThis which resolved the problem. Now if only I could get SpywareBlaster running, I'd have a pretty "Cool Web Search" thing going on!

Thanks in advance for whatever insight one might be able to provide.

2. MCT

MCT Registered Member

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

A few people have said the tool that is mention in this post by JackAttack is the easiest fix, though Javacool has not commented directly on this himself. It may be worth a try if you don't want to wait for the next version, however I can't confirm that the fix works either.

4. soloshadoe

soloshadoe Registered Member

LowWaterMark,

Thanks for the clear and concise post. The link to the cleaner was straightforward. It solved this problem and I'll forward on the link to others.

MCT,

I looked through all the posts and none was as clear as what LowWaterMark stated in my thread. Next time, you might want to be more considerate when posting a reply and if you're bothered by helping others, DON'T. Yours is the kind of help that's counterproductive.

5. MCT

MCT Registered Member

why is mine counterproductive? cuz i can read? and understand what ppl are saying?

:cool:

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

to keep this from becoming a war of words and since it is a successfuly completed thread I am going to lock it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.