This Man Has Nothing to Hide—Not Even His Email Password

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by lotuseclat79, Aug 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

This Man Has Nothing to Hide—Not Even His Email Password.

-- Tom

2. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

Very interesting article, thanks!

At the same time though, I feel sad that there are people who think like Noah Dyer... Sure, he is free to do so, but I disagree with him and I hope that that frightening idea of his would never ever come true.

3. Veeshush

Veeshush Registered Member

There's also this thing people like to call "boundaries and limitations". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_boundaries

What he's trying to do doesn't work in the real world. Even if you don't have anything to hide that would get you into trouble ~ Removed Off Topic Remarks ~.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2014
  4. Reality

Reality Registered Member

Pendulum swinging to get attention aside, he has just 3 days to come up with over $299,000. Roll on August 31st. Silly man.

5. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

I wonder how many other requests he gets.

Someone with less scruples (and even less oversight) could write a hilarious ED page about him :D

6. J_L

J_L Registered Member

I do see his point, but it's an ideal I won't follow until everyone else does. Otherwise, why disadvantage myself for a cause with a success rate so infinitely close to zero?

7. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

Right, as noted in the article, it's the powerful who tend to have the most privacy, and the weak who tend to have the least. For one of the weak to give up all privacy is pointless and stupid. The weak need as much privacy as they can get, in order to survive, and also in order to force as much transparency on the powerful as possible.

Put another way, power and transparency must go together. And individuals without notable power must have absolute privacy.

Is that too much to ask?

8. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Well everything bad in the world is happening because of lying, so anti-privacy would obviously solve that, but it is kind of an opposite site of extreme of all those privacy freaks, so it will never work. Everything related to the government and paid by taxes should be public, but a person's privacy is kind of different. I use my real name everywhere and I have a public Facebook and ect, since I am not ashamed by my opinions, it is just like writing it in a blog, but even I do not share everything, not that I would not want to, but there a few things related to the identity theft and lets be honest, the world is not perfect, so this has to be protected.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.