This is really horrible online tech support

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Lance Jacobs, Jun 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lance Jacobs

Lance Jacobs Registered Member

OK, this past Friday afternoon, June 17th, I come to this forum and post a question. Now, when I view the messages, there are no new threads showing from just before 9am, until almost 5pm that day. That is about an 8 hour gap in the middle of the day, with no messages!

What happened to all of these customer support questions that were posted last Friday, including mine??

I also emailed my question to your email support address at the same time last Friday.

If I had known that Acronis did such a terrible job of supporting their customers online, I would never have purchased this software. When all a company offers is online support, then you sure as heck should have an excellent online support service. For we don't even have an option to call you on the phone, not even a paid support phone option.

You will end up with more disgusted customers like myself, if you continue to do business in this manner. Why should I even bother re-posting my question at this point in time? I have lost all confidence in your company.

The Acronis message number assigned for my tech support email is #288894, in case anyone in tech support reads this, and wants to look up my question and get back to me.

But, my goodness, this is now 4 days after I emailed tech support, and I still don't have any reply, or any indication when I might get one. And then to top all of that off, there is this huge gap of missing messages from last Friday, which appears to have swallowed up the message that I posted here.

I can do nothing but shake my head at this point.

Lance Jacobs

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. jimmytop

jimmytop Registered Member

what? :rolleyes:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=85235
    :p
    I didn't seem to have any trouble finding your post, or the Acronis response to it.... which is dated June 18.... :D

Threads will be listed in order of the date of the last reply to the thread. Looks like the last reply was on the 18th, so that's where it will show up, not the 17th.

Easiest would be to just search on your username though ;)

4. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Poor Ilya, on the one hand the software dept. has released some nasty bugs, while on the other hand many of the posters are ----- somewhat challenged. There is Ilya stuck in the middle. My favorites are the ones who are going to put Acronis out of business by posting everywhere or warning everyone on the Internet if their problem is not solved in x number of days.

5. Donprovo

Donprovo Registered Member

There's no need for people to take cheap shots at each other or Acronis.

I'm about the most critical guy around but I usually try to do it constructively by offering an alternative path. Not always, but as often as I can.

I sympathize with all the frustrated TI users who either can't spend sufficient time to play betaware detective or they don't want to use their machines for experiments. You really can't blame them for being disappointed and upset with TrueImage.

But that doesn't legitimize angry dead-ended criticism of Acronis efforts. They may not always solve every problem immediately but it's comforting to know they at least take a look at the problems. Most software companies don't have any kind of open tech support or any live version. If you are lucky enough to get a response form some of these companies it's usually a blow-off or a bureacratic suggestion for you to go chase your tail full of apologies that solve nothing.

We have to give Acronis a lot of credit for hosting and participating in this forum and at least trying to help even if they're not perfect at it.

In my worthless opinion, TrueImage 8 does a great job of some things, an adequate job of most things and an awful job of a couple of things. Overall it's better than nothing and more capable and easier to use than its competition.

Now, WHY THE HELL ISN'T IT PERFECT? :D

6. VPTECH

VPTECH Registered Member

Yes but when you pay 800 dollars for the enterprise edition of a piece of software, you expect a certain level of service. We paid for the enterprise level version and it took them 4 days to reply to an email request for support. That is not corporate level support. The reply to my support request was download the latest build, which did not fix the issue and really had no bearing on the issue at all.

I can certainly agree with people who get upset with them. For 800 dollars US, I expect to be able to call for support instead of playing email tag.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Lance Jacobs,

We are really sorry for the delay with the response.

I have found your letter and will answer you soon. We always try to resolve each problems and reply immediately to the questions, please accept my apologies for the fact that you didn't get the reply from Acronis support.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

8. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

I never had and I'm sure I never will any kind of problem with Acronis Support.
    The Team is very responsible and always answered my e-mails.
    Keep the excellent job.

Best Regards,

DonKid.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2005
  9. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

In a previous life I spent a number of years heading up a Technical Support office. I must say, had I received some of the enquiries posted in this forum I would probably have been sorely tempted to file them in the round filing cabinet marked "Waste Bin"!!! All credit to Ilya and Irina for keeping their cool.

Regards

Last edited: Jun 22, 2005
  10. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Now we know where your calm, polite and methodical approach comes from!

11. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Ditto, ditto ... we should feel lucky that this IS an official support forum. Other products have only UNOFFICIAL forums. Keep up the good work, Ilya and Irina - you each deserve double vacation time.

12. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi beenthereb4,

I Don't know about that but, if nothing else, it probably explains why my hair turned grey :p :)

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.