This is not a support forum

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by pmi, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pmi

pmi Registered Member

As the title states, this is not a support forum. Is more like a "what if" forum.
    And I will explain.

I had some issues with v3 beta and RC, and you can find them by searching my posts. The answers I received back then were more like "try this and see". I am still waiting for an answer to my issue.

But now I have a new example, and I know is not the only one.
    Check
    Code:
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=194966
    Vigyland is asking a very simple question and his english is as good as it can be. He even has a picture posted. His question was: where can I see the file name scanned by the shield at any moment?
    And he got his answer: use on-demand, chech the log, check advanced (only total # of files). But where is his answer?

Hitech_boy also tried to "help" me. But his answers were around the issues, not about the issues. I don't know what to think. Is my english that bad? Or maybe he cannot see the files attached to posts. Or maybe he doesn't know what to answer but he likes to see his posts counter going up, like many others?

Is it possible to have this forum transformed in a real support forum?

ESET had a good AV with v2.7. How can they loose so many small features by doing a GUI re-design?

Thanks for reading.

2. vigylant

vigylant Registered Member

I think ESET should set up their own forum like some other AV companies does, and have their professionals check in now and then...
    People here are doing their best to help, and I appreciate it, but like you say, its more of a "what if" forum :D

3. Norton360

Norton360 Registered Member

I agree with you my brother.

This forum is a big rigmarole. I haven't seen any nod workers here helping the users. Maybe they are here, but the most of the users never get any answer to their problem, and if somebody helps them it is thanks to the great people who is here and that is not endorsored to nod staff.

And also, when somebody complains about a problem, people tells is a problem for of user's computer and not from antivirus. They told them to format and reinstall windows...... Ok friends, if we come here it is because we want help. Of course if we format our computer or even better if we shot us in our head the problem will dissapear, but for that then we don't need any support forum.

Thanks for understanding

4. solcroft

solcroft Registered Member

I LOLed. :D

~Off topic comment removed. - Ron~ but like the thread starter said, precious little supporting happens around here, and even less from official Eset staff.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.