This as good a place as any ??

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by montyq, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. montyq

montyq Registered Member

this seems as good a place as any to ask for the real skinny on this program. AVG Internet Security 7.5.484a1100 ur thots .

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I guess I would have to rate it rather low. I don't think much of the AV part of AVG (detection seems lacking), and the firewall can't be too good either if I remember right. Used the Suite a few times for a look, but didn't keep it long. I think if you're going to pay for one, there are many others that are much better, KIS being one good example..

3. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

For simplicity and ease of use avg internet security is great. I have my brother and sister using it on their systems. They're not that knowledgable with computers so it works well for them.

4. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

The AVG antimalware did pretty well on the AV Comparatives on demand tests scoring slightly over 96%. I assume that the security suite is as good. I know a lot of people who use AVG free which is not as good, and they like it.

Accordingly, I would not hesitate to use it. AVG seems to run pretty trouble free compared to most others.

Regards,
    Jerry

5. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

id rate it high luv it........ using it for 1yr kept me clean ! and i luv norti sites JerryM yes its light for a suite and plays well... AVG very good for trojans ! :p

Last edited: Aug 16, 2007
  6. MalwareDie

MalwareDie Registered Member

AVG Internet Security uses AVG Antimalware so it should be fine.

7. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.