third party defraggers

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by jymmyp, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jymmyp

jymmyp Registered Member

Hi. Ive been looking at third party defraggers,does anyone have any suggestions on which would do the job the best? thanks for any help Jim.

2. TonyKlein

TonyKlein Security Expert

On my Win 98 system I use Norton Utilities' Speed Disk, which I like a lot.
    However, on Win XP I find that Windows defrag does an excellent job, so although I've been trying various third party applications, I've decided not to install one.

Just my 2 cts tho...

3. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I use O&O Professional on XP Pro SP2 and find it useful as it allows for various types of defrag. methods. The basic space defrag is normally enough to keep NTFS file system in order. A full defrag. is only necessary if very badly fragmented although slower to use this mode it is still faster than XP's own.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I've been using Perfectdisk for over two years on XP. I tried all the others before I settled on Perfectdisk.

Raxco

5. jymmyp

jymmyp Registered Member

Thanks i've been trying vopt-xp and perfectdisk on my wife's computer they both seem
    very good,dont seem to be able to find much info on voptxp they dont seem to have a big website like all the others,i guess when the 30 day trial run out i'll have to decide then again thanks for your help Jim.

6. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

I use PerfectDisk and it really gives my computer a boost! :)

7. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Do I recall a Defragger called 'Fast Degrag' that was promoted somewhere on Wilders.....I seem to remember having it for a while....it was pretty good....

If anyone can enlighten me I wouldn't mind having it back again...

Cochise, :cool:

8. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i downloaded DefragMentor Lite 1.0
    This FREE utility allows you to defragment files in just a couple of mouse clicks in Windows Explorer. DefragMentor Lite implements a friendly user interface and contains a boot-time component, which allows defragmenting system files (e.g. registry and paging files) when the computer is booting up.
    you can read more here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.