Thinking of purchasing PE...Question.

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by Dr.Jones, Mar 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Jones

Dr.Jones Guest

What can I do with Port Explorer that I can't do with a freebie like Active Ports? Thanks.

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hello Dr.Jones,
    Welcome to the forum.
    Feel free to register as a member of the forum (free) and take part in the current contest (free software licenses spree!)

Now have a good read in this independent review which gives lots of explanation what the different functionalities of the programs of this kind do and comparision with the 11 main programs in this field, and why the reviewer prefers Port Explorer above all.
    http://www.windowsitpro.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=40313&DisplayTab=Article

Trying to look at info about Active ports: that is only win2000/nt/xp, while Port Explorer is for all windows versions after 3.11
    I see also Active Ports displays the connections and open ports used by which applications and possibilities to kill them, with a list of remote addresses.
    It does not have all the other options, utilities, logging, languages, socket spying, etc, it misses a lot!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.