Thinking about NOD32

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Jett, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jett

Jett Registered Member

Hey guys,

I been using kaspersky for a while now maybe for about 1 year now. It is awesome and all i believe, nothing wrong with it. But i been hearing a lot about some people use kav(Kaspersky Anti-virus) with Nod32 antivirus. Since my system run smoothly and all and wishing to run nod32 with kaspersky too because nod32 seems to be the best too. I been reading some article and from v100 they highly recommend nod32, which i seems to prefer too. So i was wishing to install nod32, but i have heard it is rather hard to configure for new user for good detection. Not only that i been hearing some people been able to delete their .bat or .dll which nod32 detected as trojan activity, which isn't i believe. So now i'm just wondering is it possible for both KAV and Nod32 anti-virus to be together, since i'm sure they'll run smooth on my system. I'm running on Window XP Pro Sp2, 4GB Ram, 300GB hard drive, AMD Dual Core 64FX, fully built by me bottom up, on software wise i'm running Outpost Pro Firewall 6.0 with hardware firewall and KAV. If possible then would you mind include how to configure it(NOD32) right for great detection and that it won't delete system critical files. Also i wanted to know your opinion on NOD32 realtime protection and KAV realtime protection in which is better such as resources usage, detection, and so on..Thanks a lot guys, looking forward to use NOD32. Have an nice day.

Thanks again,

Jett

Last edited: Mar 12, 2008
  2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

my advice is to not install two antivirus programs on one pc.
    if you want to use nod32 as a on demand scanner use the online scanner every once in a while.
    lodore

3. Jett

Jett Registered Member

Thanks for your response, but i dislike online scanner for some reason it bother me. Any more advice would be nice. Thanks.

4. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

R U A Register User Of Kaspersky?
    Did You Seen Those People Pc Who Have Install Kaspersky With Nod32?
    please explain this
    "Not only that i been hearing some people been able to delete their .bat or .dll which nod32 detected as trojan activity"

5. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Hello Jett, I tried it once. I did a lot of research and loaded Kas. to run on demand only. So in theory only NOD was running realtime. Well everything slowed to a crawl. I had to remove it.

6. Jett

Jett Registered Member

Yes i'm a registered user of kaspersky. I haven't seen other people actually use it, about the .bat i'm not sure but i guessing it detects like services.exe or explorer.exe running and catches like any other firewall as Trojan activity and ask to delete, skip, or add to exclusion list. Also you know sometimes kaspersky doesn't detect somethings unless the setting is set to almost medium or high for it to detect moment such as program accessing the net or outbound connection, that why i got outpost for extra protection. Also William thanks for the feedback, if possible anybody who more tried it would you give your feedback would be awesome thanks for the reply guys.

7. NodboN

NodboN Registered Member

Jett, please don't do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.