They're back, Feds only encryption backdoors prepped by Dems

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by RockLobster, Apr 12, 2018.

1. RockLobster

RockLobster Registered Member

2. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

They never give up, it seems. The Clipper Chip was 25 years go. Damn.

3. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

That lady is senile, gone off the rails & does not represent her constituents.

4. deBoetie

deBoetie Registered Member

Why would they? They rely on the ratchet effect, the latest fear-factor to justify, whatever outrage has just happened. And you never go back.

5. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

So what o_O This is good news, I guess. Unless you think that stuff we use is already backdoored :eek:

6. Stefan Froberg

Stefan Froberg Registered Member

That's just ****** disgusting :mad:

I wonder... maybe few of those pro-backdoor crazies have had they hand with some of the attacks?
    Maybe secretly helping in the background?

7. I would immediately agree to incorporate backdoors into encryption programs. However, in exchange, I would request that all members of the police at any given time wear sealed and operating bodycams whilst in service. Just for the sake of our brave police officers. Is that a deal? (Of course, it is not.)

On 30th May 2016, a man was beaten up by the police at a local police station Quartierwache / Regionalwache in Zurich Wiedikon and subsequently died. Still no investigation been undertaken.

http://www.polizeinews.ch/zuerich/Mann im Polizeigewahrsam verstorben/572165/detail.htm

Switzerland, not Swaziland.

8. hawki

hawki Registered Member

"FBI repeatedly overstated encryption threat figures to Congress, public

The FBI has repeatedly provided grossly inflated statistics to Congress and the public about the extent of problems posed by encrypted cellphones, claiming investigators were locked out of nearly 7,800 devices connected to crimes last year when the correct number was much smaller, probably between 1,000 and 2,000, The Washington Post has learned.

Over a period of seven months, FBI Director Christopher A. Wray cited the inflated figure as the most compelling evidence for the need to address what the FBI calls “Going Dark” — the spread of encrypted software that can block investigators’ access to digital data even with a court order..."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...070ef53f315_story.html?utm_term=.14e3cb73d4ce

9. RockLobster

RockLobster Registered Member

It goes far and beyond that Stefan, but surveillance is just a defence measure implemented to protect those who are responsible for such things and their reason for doing it, their multi faceted agenda called, New World Order.

10. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I just wish (foolishly yes) that the very wealthy would stop posing as good **********.

Their money just stacks up & helps no one.

It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of ***.

Guess I'll just have to wait & see.

11. guest

guest Guest

The real problem with encryption backdoors
    June 22, 2018
    https://protonmail.com/blog/encryption-backdoor/

12. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

Correct. Experienced users know that only "Zero Knowledge" encryption methods are safe. Protonmail is a decent example but I use others as well. If I use a service that doesn't convince me its true ZK then I use use my own interventions to make it end to end.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.