themes problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by cloudmarc, Apr 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cloudmarc

cloudmarc Registered Member

i have style xp theme in my computer and the problem started when i changed my theme to windows classic theme. when i scrolled down to the display properties browsing
    for this widows classic theme it seems it had error on its sample showing the theme in all black, curious i apllied it.then it becomes mad.there are icons scattered in my desktop
    big and small,i cannot even see the start in the lower left portion of the monitor and when i click my computer there are icons that shouldnt be there. although
    it still responds but all can i see is that its visuals had gone mad like it had a virus or something.when i right click on the screen expecting for the command buttons like refresh
    i couldnt see it. well it responds and i know it would the rub is that i couldnt see them. even though i have 2 antiviruses in my computer
    and i always scan and update them. when i restarted my computer it is still in the "mad state" so i have the
    idea to run the system restore and hopefully it worked although i had a hard time finding it in the start menu because of the wrong and scattered icons.
    what is is this kind of a problem? is this a virus? or something harmfull program? is this only my "near to be broken monitor". or changing themes instanlty
    could crash my system thismay be related to video problem.
    this incident shocked me because i feel that my com is safe from this happening.i am actually scared thinking it would happen again.MY com is win xp.
    (by the way i changed my theme because of my "near broken monitor" sometimes it had gone all white and i have to reboot it. i thought changing the theme to
    windows classic will help lessen this incident.it is in stylexp and you should expect better graphic themes.)

2. chrome_sturmen

chrome_sturmen Registered Member

This issue isn't virus related, and nor is it a video card issue. It sounds to be an issue related to your uxtheme.dll file. Did you patch your uxtheme.dll file for useage with non-microsoft themes?

If you did not, try uninstalling style xp and then swap between themes and see what happens. Keep system restore at the ready and you can eventually figure this one out.

Thanks,

Chrome

3. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

Did you by chance install SP3 on your XP systemo_O I found this messed with the uxtheme.dll file and the "black theme", or royale noir, became messed up but not as extreme as your case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.