The Weirdest Thing I've Seen

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DVD+R, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

This has got me completely baffled :doubt: I shutdown my pc last night, (everything running fine) and turn it on this morning, slip in a DVD to watch a movie, and it starts to play with Windows Media Player ( nothing weird about that you think?) Well normally no! but considering that yesterday the same procedure would have played the DVD with PowerDVD, had me thinking :doubt: When I checked the default list, PowerDVD isnt listed, so I checked the add/remove list, and its not there :eek: neither is WinRAR, but they are shown in the programs folders, and start menu, but they dont open :blink: So what the heck happened? have I gotten a slippery devil thats downloaded itself and removing stuff on the quiet:ninja: but if I have! why didnt Avira, and/ or Online Armor detect it? a scan shows nothing too :blink: Now then! I did run jv16 PowerTools, and I'm wondering if its rubbed out those entries, but I did nothing other than use the recomended settings with it, so maybe not. Whatever the case, I think I might have to call out Scooby Doo and the Mystery team to figure it ..lol Anyone shed any light on this Anonamly:ninja:

2. guest

guest Guest

Looks like it was jv16... restore its saved registry backup to check.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.