The Weirdest Thing I've Seen

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DVD+R, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

This has got me completely baffled :doubt: I shutdown my pc last night, (everything running fine) and turn it on this morning, slip in a DVD to watch a movie, and it starts to play with Windows Media Player ( nothing weird about that you think?) Well normally no! but considering that yesterday the same procedure would have played the DVD with PowerDVD, had me thinking :doubt: When I checked the default list, PowerDVD isnt listed, so I checked the add/remove list, and its not there :eek: neither is WinRAR, but they are shown in the programs folders, and start menu, but they dont open :blink: So what the heck happened? have I gotten a slippery devil thats downloaded itself and removing stuff on the quiet:ninja: but if I have! why didnt Avira, and/ or Online Armor detect it? a scan shows nothing too :blink: Now then! I did run jv16 PowerTools, and I'm wondering if its rubbed out those entries, but I did nothing other than use the recomended settings with it, so maybe not. Whatever the case, I think I might have to call out Scooby Doo and the Mystery team to figure it ..lol Anyone shed any light on this Anonamly:ninja:

2. guest

guest Guest

Looks like it was jv16... restore its saved registry backup to check.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.