The Webroot / Brightcloud Toolbar

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by PC_Fiddler, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PC_Fiddler

PC_Fiddler Registered Member

I wasn't aware of the existence of this site reputation toolbar until it was mentioned in another thread on here a week or so ago (longer?) - I've been using it on 3 PC's for quite a few days (I have no concept of time) & most impressed with it. I like the way it disappears after a few seconds also. A great add on! :)

2. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

I really liked it but the toolbar itself was so obtrusive and wasteful of browser real estate. It taking up a full line and not being able to move it or re-size it. Also being bright white and not blending into the theme of the browser itself was a turn-off. If it becomes less obtrusive and able to move its position and re-size, I would definitely use it. It just uses too much browser real estate and stands out way too much making it distracting.

3. PC_Fiddler

It's gone in 4 seconds here which is pretty much ideal to me & I can live with that - I also greatly dislike toolbars for the reason they use much needed room on a page & I've waited years for a huge screen & don't like anything taking that space up - Maybe an adjustable delay time might help others?

4. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Doesn't the URL blocking of brightcloud toolbar already exist in WSA URL blocking?

5. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

My toolbar does not disappear, it stays on all the time.

6. PC_Fiddler

On Chrome it does fade after a few seconds, I haven't got around to trying it on Firefox yet though.

7. Triple Helix

Triple Helix Webroot Product Advisor

8. PC_Fiddler

I was under the impression (maybe wrongly) that the brightcloud was somewhat more aggressive for want of a better word that the WSA site blocker?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.