The web page is on the list of websites with potentially dangerous content?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by budo7, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. budo7

budo7 Registered Member

I dont understand whay is

Web page:
    [noparse]warez-bb.org[/noparse]

on the list of websites with potentially dangerous contento_Oo_O?
    Before i instaled eset i never download with oder files any virus from this web sites. This is one of most popular forum on the world, can anyone say me how to fix . I read in eset smart security help ,Web access protection-HTTP
    -Blocked / excluded addresses this:
    The HTTP checking setup lets the user create user-defined lists of Blocked and Excluded URL (Uniform Resource Locator) addresses.

Both dialogs contain the buttons Add, Edit, Remove and Export, enabling the user to easily manage and maintain the lists of specified addresses. If an address requested by the user is included in the list of blocked addresses, it will not be possible to access that web page. On the other hand, addresses in the list of excluded addresses are accessed with no checking for malicious code. In both lists, the special symbols * (asterisk) and ? (question mark) can be used. The asterisk substitutes any character string, and the question mark substitutes any symbol. Particular care should be taken when specifying excluded addresses, because the list should only contain trusted and safe addresses. Similarly, it is necessary to ensure that the symbols * and ? are used correctly in this list.

and i suppose ,i can insert url that i wont to block or dont ,or i can remove blocked url from the list. I didnt block any web adress,but i still cant go to this web,and also dont see any block url in advanced setup.
    i hope so you understand me ,and sorry for my bad english. help pls.

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

A discussion about warez not being potentially dangerous? Hmmm, considering most warez tools host trojans in them I think it's pretty justified. Then again it might be an IP block not a URL block that unintentionally got it blocked. I'll let an ESET representative shed some light on the matter.

3. budo7

budo7 Registered Member

4. CivilTaz

CivilTaz Registered Member

You don't need to turn off HTTP checking, all you have to do is to exclude that adress.
    Go to Setup> Web Access Protection> HTTP, HTTPs> Adress Management then add that adress to the List of adresses excluded from filtering. You need to enter it this way: w ww.warez-bb.org* to exclude all the site and not only the main page.

Nod32 blocks some sites by default, thats why you need to add exclusions if you want to visit some sites with dangerous content. So, do this at your own risk.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2009
  5. budo7

budo7 Registered Member

Thank you, I managed. It work now ,you help me soo much. Thanks all again.
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sorry for my bed english :doubt:

6. Fatih Batur

Fatih Batur Registered Member

Its a warez forum, so it could contain trojans etc..
    I think that is why ESET blocked it. :)

7. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

It's not a matter of could contain trojans. ESET don't block anything unless it definitely has malware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.