The Super-Powerful Long-Lasting Smartphone Battery Has Just Been Invented - Maybe

Discussion in 'hardware' started by ronjor, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

http://readwrite.com/2013/04/18/super-powerful-long-lasting-smartphone-battery

2. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Wow the sooner we bring something like this to consumer products, the better. :D

3. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Absolutely :D

4. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

Yeah...and then the smartphone systems and apps would eat up 10 times as much battery life. If that happens, you go back to square 1. :p

5. mattdocs12345

mattdocs12345 Registered Member

Nah, I think there is a huge demand among consumers for cell phones that can last several days without charging. Same goes for laptops. Just look how well iPad did and one of its biggest assets is 10 hour battery life and not the CPU speed or RAM.

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I have been reading such articles for many years and so far have not seen anything reaching to consumer level. I wish to charge my phone or laptop once a week, not once a day.

I think the reason for no breakthrough in battery technology is poor interest by the industry players that are busy on earning money by fooling consumers with increased processor power or screen resolution etc every year.

7. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

If this is true, it may free us once and for all from our dependence on oil to run cars...

8. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

And how do you think batteries are recharged?
    Whence electricity cometh?

If you're like France, which has 80% electricity made by nuclear power, yes.

Otherwise, no.

Mrk

9. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Actually it is more complicated than that, as there are more political issues at stake than real breakthroughs in technology. Unfortunately this is not the place to write about it as it digresses from the original topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.