The status of 2 e-mails I sent to ESET. False Positive and Possible Virus.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by dannyeluciane, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dannyeluciane

dannyeluciane Registered Member

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the status of 2 e-mails I sent to ESET (samples@eset.com)?

The first one I sent Monday October 27, 2008,
    The Subject: Possible Banking Virus.
    The file attached to the e-mail I believe is a virus.

The second one I sent yesterday, November 4, 2008.
    The Subject: Possible False Positive: Vdownloader.
    Vdownloader is being flagged as a virus. I downloaded it from www.download.com.
    My computer went down and I had to reinstall all my programs. When I reinstalled Vdownloader I got the virus warning from Nod32. I never got this warning before. I used the program for a long time and had no problems.

Please let me know if you need my e-mail address.
    Thanks in advance,
    Danny

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I've checked this file at VirusTotal and it wasn't detected. Could you please upload it to VT to make sure we're speaking about the same file that is detected on your computer?

3. dannyeluciane

Hello Marcos,

Thanks for the fast reply. I remember that you helped me before.
    I uploaded the file to VT and no antivirus detected it as a virus.
    But when I execute the file on my computer, right as it finishes the installation Nod32 blocks it and gives the following message:

5/11/2008 18:11:15 Proteção em tempo real do sistema de arquivos
    arquivo C:\Arquivos de programas\VDOWNLOADER\is-8AVI1.tmp provavelmente uma variante de Win32/TrojanDownloader.Agent cavalo de Tróia limpo por exclusão - em quarentena AUTORIDADE NT\SYSTEM
    Evento ocorrido no novo arquivo criado pelo aplicativo: C:\DOCUME~1\dani\CONFIG~1\Temp\is-1G3CT.tmp\vd_setup.tmp.

I reset Nod32 to default settings and tried to install, but I still get the same message.

Thanks,
    Danny.

4. dannyeluciane

Hello,

I don't know if this would be helpful, but I noticed that when I right click and scan the Vdownloader setup file with Nod32 no virus is detected. It only triggers a warning toward the end of the installation process. I uploaded the file again to Virus Total and no antivirus, including Nod32, is showing it as a virus.

I disabled the antivirus protect and the Vdownloader setup installation worked without any problems.

Let me know if you need me to do anything else.
    Thanks,
    Danny

5. dannyeluciane

I just wanted to report back that the problem is fixed. Nod32 is no longer detecting the Vdownloader program as a virus.
    Thanks for the help,
    Danny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.