The SPY in your Phone

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by CloneRanger, Jul 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

iPhone App Listens to Television Commercials

If it, and/or Anything similar, can do that, it/they CAN also listen in REAL time to ALL your conversations etc :eek: Who in their right mind would willingly install one of those !

2. Spooony

Spooony Registered Member

the imei is a irremovable tracking cookie

3. J_L

J_L Registered Member

I don't watch TV with my phone on, which is a waste of power.

App-blind iSheeps who likes Shazam will.

4. Dude111

Dude111 Registered Member

It is just amazing to me how many people today ARE DUMBED DOWN,they dont care that thier privacy is compromised and its so confusing!!

5. traxx75

traxx75 Registered Member

From what I understand, the point is that a user can activate Shazam themselves to get info relating to the advertising. It does not sit open all the time listening to everything and forwarding it on to a processor service.

Not as much of a problem as some people (especially Android proponents) would make it out to be :)

For what it is worth, most phones can be compromised in such a way that all conversations are recorded and sent elsewhere if you have the right (or wrong) adversary.

6. x942

x942 Guest

Traxx75 is right. Shazam can NOT record if it is not running (especially if the device is iOS). I don't use it but I see no issues as YOU as the user HAS to activate it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.