The Speed of Google Chrome 9 Canary is Phenomenal

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Doritoes, Nov 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doritoes

Doritoes Registered Member

I have to say that the speed of Google Chrome 9 Canary is absolutely phenomenal. I'm on the latest 9.0.583.0 canary build with the "Web Page Prerendering" and the "Snap Start" flags enabled in about:flags. I also have the Google Chrome 7 stable on my machine and when comparing the page rendering speed of the two in normal browsing, Google Chrome 9 Canary absolutely WOWS me.

High praises to Google Chrome and the Chromium devs. I hope they are able to put "Web Page Prerendering" and "Snap Start" into the stable builds because the difference in speed is stunning.

2. vtol

vtol Registered Member

all well and good, hope that such put some pressure on the developers of other browser...

however a simple user choosing of the installation folder/partition does not seem to be on the plate for google. wonder ever why google is forcing the installation path of their products.

3. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

Actually, it's Google that is feeling the pressure.:p

Still trying to catch up with Opera 11.;)

4. guest

guest Guest

Google Chrome Canary build is great, I'm using it as my secondary browser (IE is the default). It feels faster and snappier than all other browsers (including Opera 11, IE 9 and Firefox 4), and I didn't even enable those flags OP is talking about, all I did was import bookmarks from IE, install AdBlock extension and enable EasyList and EasyPrivacy filters.

5. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

And 1MB of data is still 1MB of data and it will still trickle into your machine no faster than your connection can allow. There's no magic, only optimization, or rather, how un-optimized things normally are for most people.

The perception of speed is the only thing that matters.

And if your system is properly configured - router, os, no crap software, etc, then all modern browsers are very much equal. If not, you have a problem with your setup.

Mrk

6. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

Opera 11 is faster but not much (according to Sunspider). Also open 30 tabs at once and look whos finished faster with loading :D. Chrome uses much more RAM and my HD needs to write much more stuff. In Opera its not like that. Must be because of Chromes sandbox...

7. vtol

vtol Registered Member

just updated to 9.0.583.0 on an XP virtual machine and this build hangs on various page using javscript, did not happen prior this build - perhaps the speed taking its toll

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.