The software will not clone disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mrdancemachine, Sep 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrdancemachine

mrdancemachine Registered Member

Hello there i am having this issue and with cloning and i have upgraded to the latest version of the home version. There are 2 errors listed one is when selec the drives to be cloned and then go thru all the steps then it will ask you to reboot. when you click reboot there is another popup says operation failed and then proceeds to rebooting mode. Second issue is when the machine is in the process rebooting and just before it gets to the XP Pro startup i see the acronis doing it job but it stops at this (error: partition configurations has changed, press any key to reboot computer.)

Has anyone have a solution to this issue and I have not seen it in the forum and i have looked and could not find it. This is getting very frustrating to me :blink: :mad: o_O o_O

2. mark3

mark3 Registered Member

I presume that you are trying to clone using TI within Windows. Try using the Rescue CD instead and see if you get the same error.

3. mrdancemachine

what you mean TI within windows and can you let me know what that is and thanks.

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

mark3 means that when you tried to do the clone possibly you were running Windows and started TI as you would any Windows program.

He is also making the good suggestion that you boot up your system with the TI Rescue CD and try doing your clone using the CD version of TI. This has the advantage that Windows is not running on the disk and there is less likely of interference. It should work from Windows but others have reported success using the rescue CD to do the clone rather than starting it in Windows.

5. mrdancemachine

Hello there this solution has now worked for me and thank you for all your help. As you said i did create a rescue cd and that did the trick and thanks agian.

Tony:thumb: :D ;) :) :D :cool:

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mrdancemachine,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

I'm glad to hear that your were able to perform the clone procedure with help of Acronis True Image Bootable CD.

Please also note that as seekforever mentioned Acronis True Image should also perform the clone procedure when running in Windows. Therefore, if you would like to investigate this issue please do the following:

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Please check each partition of your hard drive by Windows utility:

- For Windows 9x please use Windows menu Start -> Run then enter the command "scandskw" and test all drives;

- For Windows XP please use Windows menu Start -> Run, then enter the command "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drive.

Please note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the issue persists, please enable logging by SnapAPI program, reproduce the program failure and send us the "snapapi.log" file which is located at C:\. You can also use Windows Search tool (available in Start menu) to find this file.

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also collect the log file from Acronis True Image 9.0 Home that contains the error message. In order to do so please do the following:

- run the program;

- select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;

- select the log with error messages;

- click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon)

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.