The prgram has been damages, possibly by a bad sector or a virus.

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by ragawu, Apr 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mezard

mezard Registered Member

There is a solution to this... Download manually program updates in normal mode and start your computer in a safe mode. Open Spywareblaster and can enable all protection.

Have win98 and this is the best way to have my system protected.

2. frzdsolid

frzdsolid Guest

Both adaware and cwshredder say i'm clean but i still get the error, even in safe mode.

3. NOSFERATU

NOSFERATU Guest

4. DaFrostyOne

DaFrostyOne Guest

Well so far as I can tell there is only a single way to remove this. None of the spyware removing software will remove it.

Click start then run and type in 'Regedit'
    Navigate to the folder:

HKEY_USERS\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main

This is the main folder for registry entries for internet explorer.

You will notice things like start page have been modified to a page such as "About: Blank".
    In with these enteries is a long string of characters such as:
    "res://%43%3a%5c%57%49%4e%44%4f%57%53%5c%53%79%73%74%65%6d%33%32%5c%6f%6d%70%6e%67%2e%64%6c%6c/%73%70%2e%68%74%6d%6c
    "

This string if entered into a URL decoder such as this:

http://www.simplelogic.com/Developer/URLDecode.asp

Yields a translation such as:

res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\ompng.dll/sp.html

If you attempt to delete these registry entries they will be restored when you restart your PC.

Copy the first little bit of the string such as "res://%43%" and search the registry for it.
    You should get a few results, decode these and remember the .dll files to which they refer its best to write these down somewhere.

Navigate to your windows folder then the system32 directory. Right click and arrange icons by modified. Provided you have hidden files turned off, you will see right at the bottom, being some of the newest files, the two .dll files.

Delete all the registry entries which contain text linked to the .dll files
    Run ‘Command’
    Press control + alt + delete and end task the svcost which is eating the most memory, as well as explorer.

When these are deleted return to the command window, navigate to the system32 directory and type in “del filename.dll”
    Deleting both the .dll files

You can now restart and the registry entries will not return, and your home page will stay at whatever you set it to.

5. mezard

mezard Registered Member

"The program has been damages, possibly by a bad sector or a virus."

Still... the same problem with sb 3.2 on my win98 first edition....
    sb 3.2 works only in safe mode, any solutions to this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.