The pop-up ad campaign from hell

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by spy1, May 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

2. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

O what tangled websites, lies
    When scumbags code to advertise...

3. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

~eyes Spy1 carefully~ ~LOL~

next time i click on his links i'm going to be in FULL armour and standing at a distance with the mouse click at the ready!! ~laughing~

i think i must have clicked half a dozen times before i could read that page!  Whoa!

[~directs herself to the anti-popup tools~]  ;)

4. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

snapdragin - Sorry about that! I use Opera most of the time and didn't experience any pop-ups.

Hmm. Used IE5.5 w/SP2 to go to the site and no pop-ups.

Tried Netscape 4.7 and got one small ad in a separate window.

Okay, what browser (and version of it) are you using?

Do you use IE-SPYAD (if you're using IE,that is) ? Pete

5. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

~laughing~  well it was a good TEST!!

i was using IE 6 and had my settings on prompt for cookies.....darn close to taking it off that prompt too....think i laughed through each click of the mouse and thought...my word he's testing our cookie-shields (which of course i have none) ;)

i don't have IE-Spyad but after i am done reading through ALL the forums for Spyblocker...i'll start on IE-Spyad----------but being verrrrrrrrry careful what i click until i decide on which one i'm going to mess up my system with. ~LOL~

[hr]
    (clarification on "mess up my system"------means it is usually NOT the program...but the wanna-be programmer------me  :D !)

6. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Snap,

I can highly advice the use of IE-SPYAD, along with the right settings of the restricted zone of IE.
    I have almost no experience with SpyBlocker, so I better leave that one to others (for example Mickey knows a lot about it).
    For cookie-control you could use for example CookieWall (free) from AnalogX, but there are also lots of other utilities for that.
    And, on a side-note, to further make your IE more secure, you could use IEClean; not free but I like it !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.