The OT posts from: "SUPERAntiSpyware Problem"

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Perman, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Re: SUPERAntiSpyware Problem

Hi, folks: and hi, nick at SAS: I, among many many users of SAS , am a happy camper with your product, not only by quality, but also by lighting speed support. However, I am kind of taking backward by the last paragraph of your reply, preferring users where to post their querries,which sometimes could be image damaging. A true value of a good app is deserved an on-going aggressive challenge whether in public(a forum like here) or private(your own support room). After all, this is THE place where you introduced yourself and your baby, and subsequently received a sort of standing ovation(after a little while), therefore do not discount the true importance of this forum, and please do not suggest viewers how and where to post their worries. A place is better than no place at all. One member's concern IS always everyone else's business. Just my loonie sense. Have a nice one.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2007
  2. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Maybe, but he pointed out that he can solve the problem through the support ticket service. Not here.
    No harm is done, but we have to agree that he is right though.

3. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

The Wilders admins/mods have warned me about doing "support" in the forums, that is why I directed the issue to the support ticket that the user had already submitted and suggested we handle it there - I have no problem addressing any "issues" and/or "topics" in the public forums - this is a specific support issue and I wanted to respect the admins/mods here by not handling product support in the general forums as they had previously requested.

I also would prefer to handle issues/questions/problems in one place only as it takes double the work from our support staff and myself to answer the support tickets, only to find the issue being re-addressed in another place - that is another reason I directed the user back to the already submitted support ticket.

I don't underestimate or discount the importance of the forums - I am trying to respect the forums rules as well as maximize the use of my and my staffs time so we can properly assist all users promptly. :)

4. walking paradox

walking paradox Registered Member

Why not migrate your support forums to Wilders, given that as Perman noted your product launched and gained a foothold in the market through these forums, not to mention the continuous and growing following of your product among many regulars here at Wilders. I'm not sure of the exact requirements for having Wilders host your support forum, but as Paul himself said:

Based on these conditions, and given the background of you, your product, and your company with longstanding ties to these forums, I think you and your company are unequivocally qualified to have your support forums here.

5. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

typicallyoffbeat, That's a great idea. They wouldn't be the first, and certainly welcomed by me. :D

6. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, Nick: Thank you for the reply. I totally understand your position and continue my firm support of your product.:) Now I do a wishful request for Adm/Mod for their generosity to loosen up somewhat firm grips on how vendors can reply their support querries. I am sure that, many memebers like me, do like to learn every bit of experience from this forum. An reply of any sort from knowledgeable vendors like Nick is often served as a invaluable guidance.
    Again just my loonie sense. Have a nice one, always.

7. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

There might be a conflict because Wilders is hosting the Official Ewido Support Forum.
    For the same reason Wilders is not hosting another AV Forum besides NOD32.
    Just my guess ;)

Gerard

8. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

If the Ewido (AVG) guys keep not responding in these forums, it may get to be time to archive their stuff with the dead DiamondCS threads.

Back in the day, Fish from Ewido was a constant presence here and an asset to the board. It seems that AVG has him otherwise occupied.

It would be nice to have a guy like Nick who is willing to participate to a greater extent. And in the Ewido model, it seems that SAS is a top flight product.

9. walking paradox

While I can't speak of the support, or lack thereof, from Ewido, I can say that from everything I've gathered so far, SAS offers timely and quality support. Besides, Ewido's software focused on trojans, whereas SAS has always focused on spyware. While the difference might be one of each software's emphasis, and has declined since AVG acquired Ewido, it is nevertheless significant. So there isn't necessarily a conflict there.

10. KikiBibi

KikiBibi Registered Member

Even if DVD+R is in the wrong, the tone Nick used is wrong.

11. wideglide36

wideglide36 Registered Member

How do you figure DVD+R is in the wrong??

What is wrong with asking for help with a problem?

Chain of command type of thing??

I see nothing wrong with what DVD+R did.

Nick should not have scolded him as he did.

Just my thoughts.

12. KikiBibi

KikiBibi Registered Member

wideglide36,

Sighs....Can't you see I'm on DVD+R's side.

13. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: By reading more of these debates, I can not help rolling back to last year's postings by Nick at SAS. Just off topic of course. I took a liberty to read thru all and compare those with recent postings of Nick. I found that Nick is now a changed person. His humble attitude has no where to be found again, sadly replaced by more arro-- , impatient mentality, although still providing in-time assistance. Time and surroundings, especially some degree of success often facilitate the process. Pity. Again, just my loonie sense. :( My posting is merely my own feeling, neither offese nor criticism is intented.

14. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

I think you are misinterpreting my post(s). I am not a "changed" person - with the millions of users running SUPERAntiSpyware, I, and my staff have to use our time wisely to be able to field the thousands of questions, support requests, media requests, etc. along with having time to update, maintain and further the development of the product. I have extreme focus on our business and the fight against spyware - I may be more "pointed" at times, but as you will see, that is typically only when threads/posts turn into these types of threads where the actual issue is not being worked on, and much time is being used unwisely.

I asked to continue this discussion on the support ticket that the USER OPENED instead of having to answer the question in two separate locations - the user has a completley different attitude here, than in the support ticket - I of course can't post the support ticket communcation as that is not a public conversation.

I was/am trying to respect the admins/mods of Wilders who have asked me on numerous occasiions to NOT HANDLE PRODUCT SUPPORT at the forums, but instead direct the user to our own support site.

If you do look at the posts I handle on 10 plus forums, as well as how myself and our staff handles support tickets, you will find we are always polite, friendly and helpful.

The reason many of these items are better handled in our own support venue is avoid exactly what you are seeing here, many hours wasted on not even debating or working on the problem, but instead arguing about unrelated, and unproductive issues. I would rather spend my time fighting spyware, updating our technology and thus protecting users from becoming infected with the nasty new spyware variants we are seeing - I assume(d) the members of the group would rather be protected than simply have enlongated conversations that are really not "helping" anyone.

I always try and help all users, free or paid equally and have to manage my time effectively.

15. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

I apologize if my "tone" was "wrong" - this issue here is that the user submitted a support ticket on our site, as well as the public posts - that now takes two people to handle the issues - and uses twice the amount of time, which is not effecient use of my, or my staffs time. I simply tried to direct the user back to the support ticket so we could work on the issue instead of having to answer everything twice.

16. walking paradox

Let me preface this post by saying that I'm not trying to take sides on this issue, rather in looking objectively at it, I find that alot of this is simply a misinterpretation that led to many unfounded accusations. I addressed several specific comments below in the hopes of clarifying this issue.

As Nick explained, and I can only take him at his word on this, the Wilders Mods mentioned to him they prefer him not handle support issues with his product on these forums.

Oh but there was already a 'place' wherein this was being handled, that is through their other formal support channels.

I don't think he was blaming you for the problem, I think all he meant by mentioning that most other people have no compatibility problems between these two programs is simply that it is not a common and pervasive problem, that in general these two programs are compatible, so it must be something particular to your case.

Belligerant? No need to exaggerate here, will only confound the issue. All the comments about Nick's supposedly inappropriate attitude are I think unfounded. And if there was some tone there that I'm missing, it might simply be of a defensive sort, as DVD+R was sort of making an accusatory affront to SAS (see below).

Offense and criticism are inherent in accusing one of an arrogant and impatient mentality.

As I said, I'm not trying to take sides, but it seems everyone is jumping on the trash Nick bandwagon, and it simply isn't right. If there were legitimate reasons for such a public lynching, then I'd say nothing. But given the circumstances, I felt obliged to say something.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
  17. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

Nick,you can do no more than refund all their money which is good of your company.I digress to post #21 here as that is the real problem.

18. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

He and his product will damn sure be recommended by me.
    Subject closed as you say.

19. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

One thing I hate to do is comment on a subject, especially politics in an e-mail. I have found that statements can be read completely in the wrong context because the reader can't see your face and can't hear your voice inflexions. I have had people reply to an innocent e-mail I sent, all upset over what I said. My solution is to make liberal use of the smileys. A :D can show the reader that you're not serious, or mad etc. A :blink: or o_O in the right place can avoid problems too. I mean you can say "you moron" :D and get away with it. LOL

20. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

That's why i use smilies too, but i still get misunderstood.
    It's a limitation of using text, or my own limitation (writter), and possibly the reader.
    But i'm pretty sure it's the reader:D :ninja:

21. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Since this thread is titled: SAS Problem, I hope to continue it, not to close per sec, unless been told otherwise. Nick continues to use this phrase" My valuable time "etc. Therefore , Allow me to tell you my own experience. My aging parent was admitted to hospital emergency room. I jumped on the first opportunity seeing the attending physician and inquired my parent's condition. He replied " I already told your wife and you have been told by our nurse staff, why do you waste my valuable time, I do not want to answer the same question twice, mind you, my time is very expensive, and I like to devote it to something more meaningful to me." I almost faint right there, and do wish you, viewers , do not have to go thru this same as I. He,my aging parent ,often says that it is tough to rise from where you fell, but it is so easy to fall from where you rised. Have a nice one everyone. BTW, I am a happy camper of SAS and SAB. Products are excellent ones, just.... bothers me a lot.:oops:

22. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

Smileys suck,lol.If you can not convey what it is you want to say, in what language you are using in simple text, then do not type said text.

23. Get

Get Guest

This post is unavailable at the moment, because of the lack of the former. The former was really funny and this one was a follow-up, but without the former it's no longer a follow-up, but a eh thing. Hope you all understand what I mean o_O

24. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

I respect your situation with your parent - this is a different situation - I am not refusing to answer the question, in fact I have gone to great lengths to try and help out - I was simply explaining why I requested the user continue the discussion in one place. I don't want to "waste my time" arguing about something non-product related - I am more than happy to answer any and all questions on our forums, our support tickets and other forums if it helps a user. I never consider it wasting time to help out or answer a question.

25. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

The problem has 3 sides: writter, reader (!), text. And language, now that you mention (english is not my language). This is an english based forum, i cannot type in other language, nor would you understand any better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.