The normal BSOD when using U/R...Mass storage/chipset driver issue.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by paulimmoos, Jun 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulimmoos

paulimmoos Registered Member

I'm trying to get another copy of one of our servers up and apprently I am having an issue. I've done this multiple times before but not on this generation of Dells.

I am trying to restore to a Dell Opti 960, it has the ICHR10 chipset, I'm not sure which 9xx board chipset, but I have tried extracting the Dell drivers and also Intel, and am still running into the proper mass storage drivers not getting installed.

I'm hoping someone has a better source for drivers?

Forgot to mention we are using the latest U/R, I check the website just to verify.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello paulimmoos,

Thank you for using Acronis Products

Can you please clarify the exact title of the program and the build number? In what moment exactly the BSOD happens? I may recommend you to do the following. Boot the computer from a Windows installation CD, hit F6 when prompted and check out whether the drivers work there. If they do not (the RAID/HDD is not detected), then download the latest version of the drivers from the vendor's Web site.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

3. paulimmoos

We are using TI Echo Server Build 8203.

The BSOD happeds while booting into Server 03, the progress bar is displayed for 10-15 seconds then BSOD and restart.

The drivers I am using are from Dell's website and are the latest they hae up. I am not using RAID, just a single HD to make things simpler.

4. Acronis Support

Hello paulimmoos,

Thank you for using Acronis Corporate Products

Please boot the system into the Safe mode and remove the old mass storage drivers. Also please try to repair the operating system from Windows installation CD, insert your disk with Windows installation files, launch it and select "Repair" option.

We released a new build of the program, please download it and update all components including Acronis Booting Rescue Media with AUR. Recover the archive in accordance with the step-by-step guide available here.

If this doesn't help, please let me know the license number via PM, I will provide you with an ISO file to create another Acronis Booting Rescue Media with the respective kernel settings modifications.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

5. paulimmoos

Ok I grabbed the latest version, now on 2 different brands of systems and architectures, trying to access the USB drive for mass storage drivers, the program just sits there with the timer displayed next to the mouse. I never get to expand Removable Drive.

6. Acronis Support

Hello paulimmoos,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image Echo Server for Windows

Please send us the serial number for Acronis True Image Echo Server for Windows via PM and we will provide you ISO image of Acronis bootable disc which will solve the issue.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

7. paulimmoos

Ok, PM sent

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.