The newest Ad-Aware Beta has arrived!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by quanzi_1507, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quanzi_1507

quanzi_1507 Registered Member

Will update screenshots ASAP :D

Code:
    http://link.lavasoft.com/u.d?dYGtTalT4tyrX_8hODxs=41

2. crysty2k5

crysty2k5 Registered Member

No betas found. :(

3. VincenZ

VincenZ Registered Member

Check the beta page, Ad-Aware_Beta.exe is available now (77mb).

4. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

Jeepers how it's evolved over the years ! Seems like a name change might help, as it appears to be a lot more than just an AD blocker now.

5. Dr who

Dr who Registered Member

Oink oink what a bloater:blink: :argh: :eek:

6. ejames82

ejames82 Registered Member

i've always liked the scanner (anniversary edition) for on-demand purposes, but it's been hard to keep track of what they're (lavasoft) doing next, or how to use it. i used to check the service in the msconfig when i wanted to update signatures because the gui wouldn't come up otherwise. then i would uncheck the box when i was finished. not quite as easy as malwarebytes, superantispyware, or spybot. still not bad since it's free.

7. Victek

Victek Registered Member

It will be interesting to hear how this new version performs. Ad-Aware went through a stretch where it seemed utterly useless to me. Hopefully it has teeth again.

8. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

is it going to be free after beta time?thanks

9. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

If they don't change their way of doing things, then there will be a free and paid version, just as been happening so far.

10. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Yes, sad enough, the latest before this (Anniversary) running as a free version didn't provide (effective) enough protection to satisfy me and felt heavy. This might have been because, atleast I think, it's in a VM - but overall I didn't like it to sum it up.

Hehe... noone has actually been testing the software - only speculations have been made so far. :D

I might have done it myself if I wasn't off to test others. :D

11. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

@raven i tried the anniversary version and it was very very very heavy on resorces/memory it is a pig:) for my xp2 pc so i promised to me never tried their prodcuts again it was worse than a virus it's self:D but i dont know about this one that's why i asked:)

12. raven211

Yeah ofc - we can always hope they've improved, that it's effective in its protection/detection and runs great alongside other products. :) (Actually, to be honest, I'll need it to do all that if I'll ever consider running it again. :D :D)

13. progress

progress Guest

Here too :( Ad-Aware SE was a great tool but Ad-Aware 2007/2008/AE are resource hogs :thumbd:

14. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

that is true:D

15. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Who cares about resources when you use it as a freebie for on demand check.

16. raven211

Not really true if you've tried AE - it's basic real-time protection which was the only thing that was interesting in it. Then, if you do run it as an On-Demand scanner - you've the heavy process lying in the background anyway, ruining everything that made you even consider using Ad-Aware as On-Demand. This wasn't just the case with AE, but from 2007-edition or so and forward as well. That it lost its effectivity long ago made it completely useless just because of it. (I do hate software having a useless service or process like that when only being On-Demand - it's completely retarded IMHO...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.