The Name Game

Discussion in 'polls' started by Marja, May 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

WHAT would you consider a descriptive name to "people" who spam, hijack, trojan, phish, virus us? They have to like seeing their exploits in the news or forums, so the less flattering, least interesting, oh, yawn, name we could refer to them might make SOME of them try TOO hard, which would be handy for security people. I think the names their handy work is given, flatters them. So how about a name that sends the message, we are soooo bored with you, your work only(?!) bugs us for a minute or two, but, you are not really worth our trouble, there are soo many of you we are going to LUMP you all together, none of you are that different, just, yawn, SAD, so we will from now on call you......................? Hopefully it will be a name that is NOT and can NEVER be considered COOL, that in itself stretches my brain. What was bad is now good! Sooo, anyoneo_O:cool: :ninja:

2. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

There's no prizes, for this, I presume. ;) But how about something like cyber-scum?

3. --!--

--!-- Guest

How 'bout - When we find you we're gonna stick you in a cage with a big hairy gorilla...

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2004
  4. blabhead

blabhead Registered Member

malgot?

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

They are really just slimey crooks :mad: real low lifes.

Last edited: May 19, 2004
  6. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

7. Marja

Actually, what I was thinking of was a play on words or puns, I overheard my nephews arguing what the difference between a hacker or cracker is, their younger sister said "They're hackerspakerus" Of course I am not sure of the spelling and I don't think she knows enough letters to tell me! But, it seemed a little long, I guess I will keep using *%^&$# or something similar.;) Thanks!

8. dak

dak Registered Member

Coprophagists.

--
    dak

9. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

LOL!

Pretty sick! :eek:

10. Marja

But shorter:doubt: , I think?

11. dak

dak Registered Member

If coprophagist is too long, then how about shortening it to its root/combining form? Copro or, if you prefer the original Greek spelling it's derived from, kopros.
    Personally, I think it is quite fitting with either spelling....

--
    dak

12. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

They are unhappy, miserable people whose only chance for a brief shot of joy is to try to make everyone else as unhappy and miserable as they are ... in a way, I feel kind of sorry for them, but, the game continues and I'm happy I chose the more "Wilder" side.

Acadia

13. jayzzz

jayzzz Registered Member

Perhaps turds with some kind of twist to make it obvious they're considered sub-turds? It's short and not sweet...

These people have chosen to be jerks. Difficult circumstances and/or the need to earn money don't turn all folks to pond scum.

14. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Oh, I agree, they are scum, jerks, whatever ... I just wonder if I had been born with the same personality that I've got, but with unloving parents or surrounded by these types of jerks, how I might have turned out ... and heck, my life ain't over, I pray I shall continue to be not so horribly awful ...

Acadia

15. jayzzz

jayzzz Registered Member

You don't write like a person who needs to pray to remain ethical...:)

16. dak

dak Registered Member

Copros/Kopros is short and definitely not sweet, but maybe not so obvious...it literally means "dung." Does that have enough of a twist? It's pretty much what you said. :D

--
    dak

17. jayzzz

jayzzz Registered Member

I think it's fine, & I can tell you're quite partial to it, but I'm not Marja so I don't know that my opinion counts, here. Do you think the lower life forms she wants to demonstrate contempt for with the label will get what it refers to, or is it apt to go over a lot their heads? I could be wrong (and am, often), but I don't see most of those targeted as being much into philosophy or Greek. On the other hand, they could learn the meaning.

Now, I'm getting into the spirit, and wish I could come up with a word that's lacking in passion...implying disgust & loathing in an apathetic/bored way...is widely recognized, yet has not previously been used in this context. Can you think of a slick way to infer they are "the runs"? :D

18. dog

dog Guest

LOL :D

Unrelated to the quote: I will suggest "Stooges" for Name game purposes.

Thanks for the laugh both, Dak & Jayzzz ;)

dog - *puppy*

19. jayzzz

jayzzz Registered Member

You're very welcome! I'm glad I was able to amuse. :cool: Stooges sounds kinda mild to me, though again, it ain't my call. As I read it, I associated it with The Three Stooges, who are well-loved by many...

20. Marja

My opinion isn't the only one that matters, maybe the word hasn't been invented yet! In the words of a stooge;

Attached Files:

21. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

I really can't think of a single word. They're just children in need of attention. I wish I could give them some with the back of my hand. :D

22. jayzzz

jayzzz Registered Member

Since your question began the thread, your opinion did seem pretty relevant. What about calling them "craps"? It's short, and most folks know what "a crap" is, so making it plural and applying it to the a-holes, as a group, might give you what you're looking for. The only other way the word is currently used is for a game, as far as I know. It isn't considered to be obscene, and certainly isn't a classy or romantic word, either.

Are you in southern or northern California...or central (just out of curiousity)? :)

23. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

Sick Wicked Wankers!!!

24. manOFpeace

manOFpeace Registered Member

Wooden Tops.

25. Marja

Wooden Tops, Hmmm, well, it doesn't seem flattering, I thinko_O . No one I can think of would want to be called a wooden top, still, is it catchy enough?:( I am seriously thinking about hackerspackerus, but, it makes me think of something Mary Poppins would say! It is up to you all, shall we retire this and leave it up to the next generation after this one? I'll talk to my niece again, we can do what any second grader can do!!!:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.