The Microsoft Misinformation Syndrome

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by John Bull, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Bull

John Bull Registered Member

Now, nobody can say John Bull is up to his old tricks again on this one. It just has got to be a unanimous opinion. Like John McEnroe said "You cannot be serious man".

I have wasted my valuable time flicking quickly through the net on a "Windows XP to be discontinued" jolly. What a waste of time. I can go back to 2006 and probably further and find that the great floundering mighty mogul of software has announced time and again that "Windows XP is to be discontinued".

Well, MS`s announcements are about as good or bad as the Weather Forecast - utterly USELESS !

It astounds me that a monolithic organisation like MS don`t even know what they are doing or intend to do. Here it is the 18th June 2010 and apart from the miserable performance by England only making a 0-0 draw against Algeria - Microsoft still don`t know what they are doing and Windows XP marches on like some out-of-control Dalek totally ignoring it`s keeper.

Have YOU any news or even thoughts on this Microsoft mental and as yet apparently insolvable conundrum ?

John B

2. Eice

Eice Registered Member

I thought it was rather simple. Yes, Microsoft knows what they're doing and intend to do. But demands from the market forced them to change their plans.

That wasn't so dramatic and emotionally-charged now, was it?

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

nobody is preventing your from keeping XP or running it for as long as you can. People, small number as it may be, still run and enjoy Win98 and Windows 2000. But moving with times is necessary and as England will beat Slovenia and go forward so does XP need to expire in terms of official support (and there were tons of warnings to that extent)

4. John Bull

Thanks for your kind comments. You really think that MS know what they are doing and intend to do ? They had and have plans ? How remarkable ! Well I am afraid that if Boardroom plans are repeatedly scrapped year after year due to market demand, then they sure are in a mess at top level and it is a glowing example of their unbelievable marketing incompetence.

I suppose they could always have a chat to some Auto company executives on how they plan the introduction of a new model over a beer, it could be very enlightening for them.

There then ! That wasn't so dramatic and emotionally-charged now, was it?

John B

5. Eice

Eice Registered Member

Actually, yes, I do. Do you believe that they rose to their position as one of the leading tech companies today, with diversified markets and products, and a 90% market share in the OS business, all without any plans?

The extent to how personal vitriol can destroy one's logical thinking is indeed remarkable.

Or maybe it's called listening to their customers. It's not really a difficult concept to understand.

It was an improvement in that regard, yes. Unfortunately, now it reeks of irrationality and anti-MS rhetoric.

6. John Bull

My dear Eice,

Please, I do not wish to engage in a discussion on Boardroom practices, Market Share, Market policies or Marketing forecasting techniques, since I had my fill of all that jazz in industry for a very long time at Boardroom level. Big company, not as monolithic as MS but the principles are the same.

Now my dear friend - let us dump this off topic but extremely enjoyable conversation and get back on track. Next post completely on thread subject please.

John B

7. doc77

doc77 Registered Member

8. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Then why did you bring all that up in your post #4 above?

9. Eice

Eice Registered Member

Probably because he was gullible enough to subscribe to the rhetoric hook, line and sinker, without pausing to think, "Hang on, this doesn't make sense at all."

And now, of course, he doesn't want to talk about it because he doesn't want to defend an obviously indefensible claim, choosing instead to just flash his supposed credentials in an attempt to impress.

Honestly I don't understand what the OP was trying to achieve. This entire thread is nonsense, with no point or meaning to it whatsoever.

10. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Yep, pretty much like most of his other ones..... no offense intended to anyone, but hey, let's be honest here....

11. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Alas, it seems Microsoft is almost like a subject on religion and it shouldn't be. It is a company, lets leave it at that.

12. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Ermmm... have you tried Microsoft Product Lifecycle Search?

13. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Microsoft learned from Vista. Listen to the users. And they provided many paths to comment and suggest improvements to their programs.

One such path was the Engineering Windows 7 Blog.

They also created forums for specific questions. http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/group/WindowsAnswers

No one can tell a company how to run their business, but it is clear to me, Microsoft has opened lines of communication not only to their corporate users, but to home users as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.